Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Assasin
    If you are talking "real growth" which include inflation, they had NONE
    On a somewhat technical note ...this is nonsense. Growth rates are computed after price movements are considered.

What is NOT computed in terms of "real growth" as you put it...is growth in the underground economy...which some estimate at over 40% of the recorded GDP....which means actual GDP is 40+% larger than stated.

The empirical evidence that backs this up is the dramatic fall in poverty rates in the past 2 decades...even as so called growth rates were flat or declining...a statistical impossibility if one only considers stated GDP.. because it means that income & consumption increased substantially for many lower income households.

It's silly therefore to have a single minded focus on reported "growth" rates.. since it reflects only 60% or less of the true economic picture.
    Last edited by Don1; October 15, 2010, 10:53 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You are either ignorant of the facts or a bare-faced LIAR. Which one is it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i am seeking truth. step aside as you are clearly allergic to such things.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess many backward African countries are happy that we exist. They can at least say to the rest of the world "at least we are not Jamaica".

Comment

what is your point. Show me the years of economic growth under the PNP.
            Show me where I am lying. I maybe ignorant so prove it to me.

and please do not hop skip or jump. Show me the years of ECONOMIC GROWTH UNDER THE PNP.

By the way the reference to two years of economic growth was to Seaga in the late 80s and not of the PNP but I still want you to show me the dynamic growth under the PNP. Please
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

http://www.indexmundi.com/jamaica/gd...owth_rate.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X