Chinese Sugar deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Sugar deal

Is their any truth to this? Not my words!

It is somehow strange that today is the day I decided to write about this sugar matter and Gleaner Jamaica has an article about it. Destined, is what I will say. Jamaica’s sugar mills were long closed so when the Chinese expressed interest in our little old closed sugar mill 50 alarms went off in my head. One thing for sure, the Chinese are very smart people so when the Jamaican media began to sweeten our minds into accepting this 50 year deal, my mind was screaming foul! There is no way the Chinese would seek to acquire our sugar for so long and in doing so would make it beneficial to the Jamaican economy.
    Fifty -years is a long time and a lot of impact on a very small island with nothing to really offer China, so why our sugar so sudden? Turns out that at the U.N summit a few weeks ago, SUGAR was a big topic, why? There is a huge demand for sugar and the only country that has surplus in their reserves is the U.S.A. Sugar will be booming for a while, it produces ethanol which is in high demand right now . Check this article HERE

I feel robbed,disappointed, like a fool because we have been taken for a ride once again. So the sugar deal isn’t a sweet one after all? Our government sold us out again, for 50 lousy pieces of silver. It would have been too hard to raise our own dead? I am quite sure we will be the ones to pay for the funeral in full. Fifty years , at the end of these 50 years I will be dead I am sure and so will the ones who made this lousy deal . The generations after us will be in debt all over again and China will continue supplying the world.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...a-deal_7797658
    http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...ead/lead2.html

Do you know the definition of insanity ?

Guh research the JPS contract with Mirant if yuh suh interested in sell-outs...

Comment

nothing new from you?

Comment

after you..

Comment

not my words boss, hence i asked a question, but yuh is not a answering man suh yuh come wid question, if yuh don't like the question yuh can just say pass until yuh get one whey yuh like

Comment

do you support the words that are not yours ?

Comment

Madness,
              the Brazilians are the leaders in world ethanol production and could not mmake it work.

If the Chinese want the lease, it more likely the land they want for logistical/manufacturing reasons in Jamaica.

We are their ideal W Hemisphere hub!

BTW, Brazil have more sugar than the US.

Comment

what i don't unsderstand is if the sugar factories had gone to pot or were rapidly getting there, what benefit were they at all? and if so, then so what if the chinese want to invest in it if we can get a little out of the deal instead of nothing out the money pit that it was?!!

st kitts abandoned sugar all together a few years ago, in what was a really bold move...things tough there but dem clawing dem way out....which is probably easier to do with such a small economy.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Nuff land...

Comment

that was going to be used for ...what exactly?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Logistics/light manufacturing/warehousing...those are my guesses.

Comment

thank you for your views on the matter, bless.

Comment

No prob man. Blessings to you to.

Rispec

Comment

Working...
                          X