Musical Youth Unsung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musical Youth Unsung

I watch this UNSUNG last night and man it had me thinking what happen to these kids, how they were used raped and robbed. If you have a talented kid whether in music or any other art or sports or have anybody close to you who have a chance of making it, you should watch this piece. It told us the story of the five young kids who were given no guidance in the business and used from all the people involved.

I was also proud as it showed their third video they made at Titchfield while I was a student there. Made me very proud to be a part of history as this was on one of the first black video on MTV.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L38PlN2msc
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Thanks for that one Assasin.

Good wholesome music is a thing of the past.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Bwoy the big record company dem a straight up gangster though eh? All after them man dem bruk them wouldn't pay up the money owed without a fight. What a sick set a people, vampires as Tosh would call dem.

The youths dem family have to take some of the blame though, them never had the confidence fe play a role in thier careers. Thats why I will continue to say that while I believe in the concept of reparations for slavery, we are NOT READY FOR IT as a people. All that would happen if reparation was paid right now is the money would pass through the ghetto and go right back out again.

One thing I was hoping they would address in the documentary but didn't is that had heard way back when that Mighty Diamonds (or whoever wrote Pass the Cutchie) didn't get any payment for the success of Pass the Dutchie. I never found out if that was true or not.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I can only hope Tabby,judge and the other bredda get some royalty fi real.

The parents really had no idea and gave them up to the wolves and that is why I said parents need to watch this. Can you image non of the parents never travelled with the youtns. After 20 years MCA made a "mistake" with the royalties..... ah bwoy.

A wha kinda song that Eddie Grant wrote for them. The record company also killed their career trying to water down their music.
        It left me very sad indeed.
        Last edited by Assasin; October 5, 2010, 05:42 PM.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The nonsense crossover music that the record company gave them to do was bad enough, they do that to a lot of artistes and mess them up. But to straight up tief the youth them and pretend it was a mistake after them realise them couldn't get away with it anymore is on another level of evil.

At least 2 of the 5 seem to be getting some benefits from it now. I think they got a decent settlement from MCA.

Most of the Unsung episodes leave me feeling sad. I suppose that is the intent of the series, in a way.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
          X