Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-senator bats for 'dons'

Ex-senator bats for 'dons'
    Says preventing them from accessing State contracts, without reform measures, will worsen crime
    Tuesday, October 05, 2010

A former senator and junior minister in the previous People's National Party (PNP) Government has cautioned against preventing dons from accessing government contracts, saying that such action, without adequate reform measures, would only worsen the country's crime problem.

At the same time, Floyd Morris has proposed a seven-point strategy to support his position, among them the conversion of gangs into registered companies with each gang member holding a directorship.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...--dons_8025109

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Well the PNP is knee deep with criminal Dons and him waan tek care of his peeps. A wonder wha people in a NY would a say if Mayor Bloomberg was advocating on behalf of La Costra Nostra for city contracts? Floyd Morris is part of the corrupt political establishment that has destroyed Jamaica.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

wish more jackasses would open their mouths so they can be identified before they are elected to government positions... nice way to advance the don and gang mentality...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Floyd Morris was a senator I respected. He seems to think through things before speaking and I would like to think he thought through this one long and hard as well.

I understand what he is saying and I agree in parts, but before we try and look ahead with dons and gangs, I think they should be vigourously pursued and prosecuted for their crimes before we start rewarding them with contracts.

He says,

* If a member of any of these companies continues to violate the law, the particular company should be barred from the process of accessing government contracts, and the full force of the law be brought to bear on the individual who continues to commit the crime;

How about disqualifying the entire company?!? You brought them in as a group, you certainly can remove them as one as well!

Floyd, back to the drawing board on this one!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

One thing with Morris is he speaks his mind and don't alway stick to Party line. Don't always agree with him but I give him credit for brining certain things to the front which others only whisper under them rum breath.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lazie is to JLP like Mosiah is to PNP. This is utter garbage. Are we encouragin Donship in Jamaica now? When or how do we end it?

Comment

and like Lazie, mi back broad!

I don't believe you read a word I wrote. anyway...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Exactly! And I can bet there are JLP persons, police, high school principals and clergy who share similar views. Some tweaking perhaps, here and there, but basically similar views.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...'rum breath'.................................................. ..........!!!!!!!!!
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
                    Lazie is to JLP like Mosiah is to PNP. This is utter garbage. Are we encouragin Donship in Jamaica now? When or how do we end it?
                    Please keep mi out a unuh careless argument. You ppl bash this out on unuh own.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Oh! What are your thoughts on ending it, Plush?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

who is a don?

What if the person have a "clean" police record?
                        What if the person is not guilty of a crime or just one spliff?.
                        Can be recommended by police and pastor?
                        What if the person donate to the inner city community?
                        Have youth clubs and Charity shows?
                        I would like to see the legislation that bars Dons and see how it is written.
                        If they are wanted by the police is a different matter.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

mosiah, floyd morris may very well have given much thought to this idea he is advancing... however, if the initial premise is flawed the conclusion will also be flawed... doesn't matter how it is colored, it will still be rewarding dons and gangsterism... a post dudus jamaica should have no place for that line of reasoning... dons and gangs should be relentlessly pursued by law enforcement, prosecuted and convicted for crimes committed... civil society needs to see that there is no reward for criminal conduct...

his seven point solution notwithstanding, appears to be mere rhetoric upon examination...
                          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

come on now, dem ah tek dis ting fi ah joke or wha. At least him ah put him mout weh him money deh.

Comment

a wha duh dis bredda

Comment

Working...
                              X