Don1 is this Trickle down economics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don1 is this Trickle down economics?

After more than 20 years of 10% growth a year(me)

China is accused of keeping its currency artificially low against other world currencies, particularly the dollar- which makes Chinese goods cheaper on world markets, and non-Chinese goods more expensive within the country.
    That argument is hottest in the US, where the House of Representatives has backed legislation that in theory paves the way for trade sanctions on China.
    Mr Wen urged the EU to recognise China as a market economy, something that would make it less vulnerable to anti-dumping charges under World Trade Organization rules.
    He added that despite its growth China remained an emerging economy: "Per capita GDP is just one eighth of Greece's and the percentage of population below the poverty line is three times that of Greece. China continues to be an emerging country."
    China's economic growth slowed to an annual rate of 10.3% in the second quarter of the year, from 11.9% in the first quarter.
    The government is targeting growth of 8% for the year as a whole.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    After more than 20 years of 10% growth a year(me)

China is accused of keeping its currency artificially low against other world currencies, particularly the dollar- which makes Chinese goods cheaper on world markets, and non-Chinese goods more expensive within the country.
    That argument is hottest in the US, where the House of Representatives has backed legislation that in theory paves the way for trade sanctions on China.
    Mr Wen urged the EU to recognise China as a market economy, something that would make it less vulnerable to anti-dumping charges under World Trade Organization rules.
    He added that despite its growth China remained an emerging economy: "Per capita GDP is just one eighth of Greece's and the percentage of population below the poverty line is three times that of Greece. China continues to be an emerging country."
    China's economic growth slowed to an annual rate of 10.3% in the second quarter of the year, from 11.9% in the first quarter.
    The government is targeting growth of 8% for the year as a whole.
    You tell me..

China has increased it's per capita GDP almost 10X in a mere 30 years...lifting 400 million people out of poverty... unprecedented achievements in human history.

Call it what you want...but it starts with necessary socio-economic reform...something Jamaicans are either afraid of or have no vision to understand.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

yeah but how many left?

How many haven't reap the benefit. The fact is with consistent growth it will reach many more over time.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

as usual you miss the point without acknowledgment and are off on a tangent

some things never change

mi gawn...duty calls
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

yeah them still have a long way to go for me to understand. Maybe over another 10-20 years it will trickle down.

How may other country have 1 billion people?

Comment

Working...
          X