Hayles loses bid to take election case to Privy Council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayles loses bid to take election case to Privy Council

The Court of Appeal has dismissed the application filed by the Member of Parliament for western Hanover, Ian Hayles, in his dual citizenship case.

Mr Hayles was seeking leave to the UK-based Privy Council to challenge his case.

The ruling by the appeals court means that the case must return to the Supreme Court to be heard.

Mr Hayles is claiming that the election petition against him was not filed within the specific time in law and should therefore be thrown out.

Earlier this year the Supreme Court had ruled that the petition should be heard and the Court of Appeal upheld the ruling.

The petition was brought by the Jamaica Labour Party’s candidate, Donovan Hamilton against Hayles.

More at .. http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=22887
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Him mek him bed, so he should lie in it.

Comment

I thought the case was based on he being a USA citizen, rather than "the election petition against him was not filed within the specific time in law".

Can anyone say what he has done for Hanover? besides making promises that he knew he would not keep.

Comment

just wondering, what has Shahine done for St. Ann?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo I never heard about this woman until her problem surface lately, I don,t even know where in St Ann she staked out.

Mi nuh know wha she did for St. Ann, so tell mi derunnings ah St ann nuh, after all mi Madda come from Hearst Hill weh di water rise when eh ready.

Yuh want mi fiyah bun har to?

Anyhow, what did Hayles du fi Hanover?

Comment

I don't know what any one a dem do fi dem constituency. Some a dem shouldn't even be there!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X