Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altery Beach St Ann.

Who owns that property?

There seems to be a lack of facilities, when I view it from the highway.

There is this beach in Runaway Bay that is progressing ahead of Altery beach.

that beach in Runaway Bay use to be my spot. Use to enjoy mi self there.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Quick question; does anyone think Jamaica has good beaches when compared to the other Caribbean 'beach' islands.

In my opinion, if one excludes Negril, Jamaica doesn't have any first class beach. I think we are overated as far a beaches go.

Comment

Best beach in Jamaica? Frenchman's Cove near Port Antonio. There are probably some great ones on some secluded property around Ocho Rios.

Yes, we're probably a little overrated.

The sad part is, the best beaches, such as Bloody Bay in Negril are all taken over by hotels. The beaches locals have to go to enjoy themselves these days - pitiful!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It's now being run by a friend of mine who did a good job fixing up the place, restrooms, good bar and restaurant, etc.

It's a beach I am very familiar with myself, Sass. Took a bad hit during Hurricane Allen and has not recovered since, really.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hurricane Allen, ruined a few beaches well in Hanover, the black sand beach at Johnson Town & Elgin Town, the beaches at Hopewell, turing them into stone beach.

I still have not got a word on Altery beach.

I just think respective governments do not put in place the respective facility on public beaches.

T&T certainly does a good job Mo, se Manzanilla, Maracas Bay and Stor bay in Tobago and entrance are free.

Comment

Next time I am in Portland i will Check out Long Bay, Winifred and French mans cove. Boston beach look fine to me, until they stole the sand.

Mo there is a new place open on the Bloddy Bay where you can access the beach, matter of fact they use to be an access near the 19 mile post to this cove that had a very good beach, UDC as now close that off.

On the way up to Green Island after you pass Rhodes Hall Resorts is Half Moon beach, the sand is finer than Negrils and there are 3 islands back there, where you can even walk across to one of the island. Those on the western end of Green Island I have never explored.

The beach at Bluefields needs to have the sand replenish, must have been that Allen that turned it into a stone beach.

I have not been to all the Caribbean islnd to vouch that all those islands, to say that every single beach they have is better than Jamaica's, oh the Bahamas do have some good beaches and some that are not Touristy.

Comment

i wouldn't say overrated but anguilla has some fabulous beaches as does tortola, USVI too.

one issue is that in jamaica beaches and access to beaches can be restricted....elewhere in the caribbean, anyone can go to any beach. i.e. locals cannot be denied access.

doctors cave is a prime example. frenchman's is also a very nice spot.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

All of the other islands I have visited (not that many, 4 or 5 I think) have excellent beaches. Thats why JA should not try to compete on the basis of beaches and sunshine. Thats a commodity in the Caribbean, our culture is not.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

true. doesn't seem to me that we have been promoting the sports tourism thing enough...

true football facilities need serious upgrading but is not ongle football and cricket deh 'bout! example...in 07 my club tream toured south africa to play in a tournament. the whole thing was handled by a sports marketing agency and they arranged tours to see cultural activities, visiting several wineries, dinners and grand finale dinner and a show......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sounds like a good concept. And if South Africa can do that then crime rate is not enough to make it impractical.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

south africa has A LOT to offer ....... A LOT!!

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
                          Next time I am in Portland i will Check out Long Bay, Winifred and French mans cove. Boston beach look fine to me, until they stole the sand.

Mo there is a new place open on the Bloddy Bay where you can access the beach, matter of fact they use to be an access near the 19 mile post to this cove that had a very good beach, UDC as now close that off.

On the way up to Green Island after you pass Rhodes Hall Resorts is Half Moon beach, the sand is finer than Negrils and there are 3 islands back there, where you can even walk across to one of the island. Those on the western end of Green Island I have never explored.

The beach at Bluefields needs to have the sand replenish, must have been that Allen that turned it into a stone beach.

I have not been to all the Caribbean islnd to vouch that all those islands, to say that every single beach they have is better than Jamaica's, oh the Bahamas do have some good beaches and some that are not Touristy.
                          Long Bay beach is not what it used to be. Successive hurricanes have eroded much of the beach area. It's also a spot known for "nuff drowning.

San San used to be a nice spot (years ago). You may also want to try Winnifreds. If you're surfing - Boston is the place.
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Part of our problem is we target the wrong people. When you talking bout sports tourism we need fi target the suburb sport clubs and colleges. Organize small tournament. We don't need any great field to organise a 16 or 12 team tournament, any DPL field can do if it youth, and if you do you know the parents coming as well and just organise a few coaching seminars as well. Same can be use in other sports.

In June when I was there, there were a whole lot of surfers who came into Kingston and was heading to St. Thomas for a seminar. We need to find those nitch markets and take it to another level. We don't have to deal with the professional teams because they are looking for more.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                            X