X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Man War Time-Gelding favors Vaz not Samuda as Gen. Sec

Franklin Takes On Vaz - Samuda May Back Young Senator For General Secretary
    Published: Saturday | September 25, 20104 Comments and 0 Reactions

The Gleaner has learnt that long-serving general secretary, Karl Samuda, has indicated that he will inform the party that he does not want to continue in the post.

Up to late yesterday, Samuda was reportedly off the island. The Gleaner has been unsuccessful in its efforts to contact him since Thursday.

Sources close to the veteran politician claim that he has decided not to subject himself to the "disrespect" of a contest, having served in the position of general secretary for most of the past seven years.

Samuda has been the JLP general secretary since 2003 when he beat Ed Bartlett, a former general secretary, and Arthur Williams for the job.

He has also served as member of parliament for North Central St Andrew since 1980, and has the distinction of representing both major political parties in the constituency.

According to JLP sources, Samuda will be putting his weight behind Franklin, who has been his deputy for some time.

"It will be Samuda leading Aundré's campaign because nobody should have sought to push him out," a JLP source said.

Franklin declined to comment on the reports despite indications that he is on the verge of throwing his hat into the ring.

"I have no comment on that. You should speak to the general secretary, and that is Mr Samuda," Franklin told The Gleaner.

Vaz also refused to comment yesterday, while repeating his claim that he would speak at the appropriate time.

The West Portland member of parliament also refused to respond to questions on the letter which he submitted to the party's Central Executive indicating his interest in the post.

"I humbly wish to inform you that I will be making myself available for the post of general secretary in the meeting following conference of 2010," Vaz said in the letter.

"I offer myself solely for the post of general secretary and not as a part of any other slate of candidates for any other position," Vaz added in an obvious attempt to distance himself from what would be perceived as a move against the party's old guard.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Daryl Vaz (left), deputy treasurer of the Jamaica Labour Party, will square off with Aundré Franklin (right), deputy general secretary, for the job of general secretary. Bruce Golding (centre) is the party leader. - File

for me, someting just wrong wid dis picture.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

Daryl Vaz (left), deputy treasurer of the Jamaica Labour Party, will square off with Aundré Franklin (right), deputy general secretary, for the job of general secretary. Bruce Golding (centre) is the party leader. - File

for me, someting just wrong wid dis picture.
      What? Because Vaz is not in a green shirt?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Who is the woman? Vaz hand on her shoulder and look like she holding Golding's hand but looking at Franklin with the 'danger in her eye'.

Comment

look like him win already

Comment

Working...
          X