Look like Obamas approval heading into Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look like Obamas approval heading into Bush

territory soon. The Tea party more popular than him to rhatid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Obama approval hits new low

Alan Silverleib, CNNSeptember 24, 2010 2:53 p.m. EDT

Only 42 percent of Americans approve of Obama's job performance in a new CNN/ORC poll
    Likely voters now favor Republicans over Democrats by nine points
    56 percent of Americans say Obama has fallen short of their expectations
    Almost half of all voters backing the GOP say they are doing so simply to oppose the Democrats
    Washington (CNN) -- With little more than a month to go before the midterm elections, President Barack Obama's approval rating has hit an all-time low.

Only 42 percent of Americans now approve of how Obama's handling his job as president, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll. Fifty-four percent disapprove of his performance.

The figures represent a new low-water mark in the CNN/ORC poll for the president, who, almost two years into his term, continues to wrestle with public worries over a sluggish economy and exhaustion with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Congressional Democrats aren't faring much better. They now face a nine-point deficit when likely voters are asked which party they'll back in November, according to the poll.

Top non-partisan political analysts have given the Republicans a serious shot at picking up the 39 seats necessary to recapture the House of Representatives.

A solid majority of all Americans -- 56 percent -- say that Obama has fallen short of their expectations. As a result, the president is not in a position to help struggling Democratic candidates; only 37 percent of likely voters say they are more likely to vote for a congressional candidate backed by Obama.

In contrast, half of all likely voters now say they are likely to choose a candidate supported by the conservative Tea Party -- contributing to the GOP's 53 to 44 percent lead when such voters are asked which party's candidate they will choose in November.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

His handling of the mosque near ground zero was poor, his reluctance to extend Bush tax cuts for everyone is largely opposed and there are not enough votes in congress for restrictions on the tax cuts. Larry Summers has jumped ship and heading back to lecture students at Harvard. I was watching CNBC the other day and all the visiting CEOs expressed little confidence in the Obama Administration.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Obama seems not to have good management skills. He think he must make everyone happy (and like him).
      He is not resolute. It's easy that he is seen as weak.

Oh , and most important(ly)...the democrats are a set of whimps!!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

most CEO was not going to support his policies anyway. The wish the were in a pre-2008 environment that they could do whateve they wanted.
        One of the biggest problem with Obama is he made no specific policies for the inner cities that a re bleeding with 20% and higher black support which is the heart of his support. Obama is afraid to make policies that people will point to as benefical to to minorities.

Without the support of the coat tail democrats who came to power because of his movement it is even harder for him. He has learned now and hopefully he will have a stronger political voice. You want to make the country better but you will not get everyboy's support.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          His handling of the mosque near ground zero was poor,,,
          what should he have done?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He misjudged the political climate and the significant amount of Islamophobia in America. The initial response from the White House was that it should be up to New Yorkers on whether the facility should be built near ground zero. Obama then changed his position during a White House dinner in celebration of Ramadan in front of a foreign muslim international gathering of ambassadors. A firestorm exploded and he had to "clarify" his comments.

You can not always say the "right" things all the time and there are political consequences. The less popular he is, the less likely he will be able to advance his agenda.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

i dont believe he ever changed his position.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

he's very much likely to become a lame duck president in November , clinton was the lass lame duck president USA had . It's still possible
                for him to win in 2012 withouth being popular .
                Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
                United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
                Probably forthcoming...

Comment

He has the right upset at him and the left wing also. He play the center line a little too much and leave out some rock stone liberals.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Him better hope that the Tea Partyers gives Palin, Huckabee or some other mental midget the Republican nomination.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Gees. Obama's rating is bad but not too bad. Look at the rating of the MP for E. Portland, Dr. Donald Rhodd; it is 1/60. I thought that with a rating like that, the party would ask you to step aside and give somebody else a chance. What makes it worse is these ratings are the people's ratings, not the press or political pundits. I might br wrong on that though. I think it is time for this gentleman to admit that he is unable or unwilling to carry out the mandate and do the honorable thing and resign from active politics.

Comment

When mi tell people bout the represenation inna certain constitencies inna Portland and St.Mary them take bout man nuh like the PNP. Him lucky him get 1.

Comment

right, mi wouldah like fi know to.

Comment

I thought he handled the mosque thing well. Its not an issue of politics it is an issue of your constitutional right .. he said it well in fact.. where you can build a church synagogue temple you can build a mosque.. Americans need to look themselves in the mirror and realize they are somewhat ignorant of what the uphold the most. They want to say they have the right to bare arms and this and that and then try to deny people them religion.. first world infrastructure.. third world understanding..

Comment

On the contrary OJ, I couldn't disagree with you more. He(Obama) should have realized that upwards of 70% of the local people don't want the mosque built at that location. I think those people have a right to be heard, and respected. He should have let it play out as a local issue. BTW I am on the side of those people. I see it as extremely selfish, and insensitive, no matter how good the intention, for this imam to continue to push for this mosque to be built at that particular site. The explanation that should he change the plan at this point, it would give the radicals in the Middle East a rallying cry to attack the US is simply disingenuous. The clowns in the Middle East don't need any excuse to attack the US, because that posture is their default mode. That is their status quo. They don't mind getting a visa to go to the USA to make the almighty dollar then turn around and swear that the US is the great satan, with or without a mosque near 'ground zero'. So thats a thinly veiled excuse which most of the opponents of the mosque can easily see through. Also this idea that opposing the mosque is an expression of religous intolerance is completely silly as far as I am concerned. The muslim countries are the most intolerant, and the US is the most tolerant of different religions. You even have rasatfarians being allowed to worship in the US for Christ's sake. How much more tolerant can they be?

Comment

Working...
                              X