RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bishop eddie long... pimps & hustlers aka bishops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bishop eddie long... pimps & hustlers aka bishops...

Bishop Eddie Long Pictures Paint an Uncomfortable Image

By Boyce Watkins, PhD on Sep 23rd 2010 9:35AM

I woke up this morning expecting the day to be normal, but normal just doesn't seem to visit my house anymore. I am especially convinced of this fact after seeing some really "interesting" pictures of Bishop Eddie Long. These pictures were allegedly sent by Bishop Long to one of his "spiritual sons," who has not yet filed a lawsuit.

After these pictures were released to the public by the plaintiff's attorney, B.J. Bernstein,I am sure she said the word checkmate out loud. One cannot say with complete certainty that these pictures were sent to the young man to convince him of the importance of working out, to show off the latest fashion trends or to simply say, "Hey man, how ya' doin'?"

Instead, the images leave Bishop Long with a lot of explaining to do.

"She's trying to paint him as a predator," says Dr. Christopher Metzler, a Georgetown University professor and highly respected litigator out of Washington, D.C., said of Bernstein. "She's also trying to get a settlement quickly by suing the church, the nonprofit and Bishop Long. Given that Atlanta has such a large gay community, there may be gay people on the jury. He's pushed many gay people out of the church, so the perception of hypocrisy my cause him problems."

Here's the bottom line on the Bishop Long sex scandal
    :

If Long or anyone else were to send these pictures to any of my kids, I'd be standing in the pulpit with a baseball bat. No "spiritual adviser," teacher or cub scout master has any business sending pictures like this to the young men he is advising. I am also hopeful that the photographic evidence will be enough to wake up anyone in Long's congregation who feels that he might somehow have been framed by another party. While anything is possible, we must also consider that which is probable.

The allegations against Long might provide an opportunity for the black church as well. Why are we choosing to live a lie when it comes to homosexuality in the church? We have gay men in the church, around the church and underneath the church, living on the down low. The question becomes, "If Long happens to be either completely or partially gay, does this eliminate the impact he's had on the lives of millions of people? Should we love and respect him any less?" What's worse is that if it is the case that Long is gay (I am not yet saying this for certain), why in the world would he go out of his way to not only attend a rally against gays, but actively position himself as an anti-gay pastor? It's one thing to be secretly gay, and another thing to go out of your way to attack the gay community, attend rallies against them and even lead the rallies that you're attending. That, my friends, is the definition of the word audacity.

It appears that the Bishop Long sex scandal is just beginning. I am quite curious to see where it goes from here. At the very least, we can say that the attorney for the plaintiffs is going for blood. No, I'm not talking about the blood of Jesus. For Bernstein, the blood of Eddie Long will do just fine.
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
    If Long or anyone else were to send these pictures to any of my kids, I'd be standing in the pulpit with a baseball bat. No "spiritual adviser," teacher or cub scout master has any business sending pictures like this to the young men he is advising.
    Well said.

When will people see these so-called mega-churches for what they are, financial enterprises for the people who run them?

They have little to do with religion, except as a vehicle to push DVDs, CDs, conferences, books, etc.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Even though I would be suspicious it were my kids, the pictures themselves don't prove anything nor the nature of his intentions. The fact that he has some kid's phone number or personal emails is another matter.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

If you talking bout proof beyond reasonable doubt, then sure. But me nuh need dat level of proof fe form my opinion.

Him did always look kinda fruity if you ask me. And me did always think him was a bit of a fraud, as I think most of these mega-pastors are, driving round inna Bentley and a bawl after dem crongregation fe give 10 percent and trust in the Lord. .
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

not tuh mention private jets and de whole heap a jewels... a bunch of frauds...

mi kno a yute who was a big dealer... him is now a pastor, wid bentley and all dat dem gravitate tuh as a hustler and 'pastor'...

couple months ago, him come a ask regular working people if dem want fi buy him bentley... everybody juss buss a big laff all at de same time... it was funny... frauds...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

is the first me a see him, so me nuh know him story.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

TAX EMEMPT!!! i mean to say ...!!!

mi have a bredrin who have political aspirations...in fact him move to DC last year and have a website....part of his thing is to remove tax emempt status from churches/religious organizations...it not popular but him nuh care.

we are usually diametrically opposed on political and social issues but we agree on this. this is a bona fide bredrin of almost 25 years standing...and this is one of the few things we have EVER agreed!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                is the first me a see him, so me nuh know him story.
                The only time I recall seeing him was in a Tyler Perry movie. Atlanta seem to have a few mega church ..... maybe me need fi start one tuh.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Why not. No qualifications or training required. Just the ability to shout loud and quote a few scriptures out of context here and there. Particularly those that have something to do with parting with 10% of your income and getting blessed as a result.

Comment

And the other churches? What do they peddle? Life Insurance?

Comment

These guys are a set of frauds. You have to give them credit though. They probably sat down and said to themselves how can I as a balck man make mega millions in a fast manner?. Sell drugs, rap, throw or catch a ball, or start a church. He chose the church route, but like selling drugs, professional sports, or rapping it's just another gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                        These guys are a set of frauds. You have to give them credit though. They probably sat down and said to themselves how can I as a balck man make mega millions in a fast manner?. Sell drugs, rap, throw or catch a ball, or start a church. He chose the church route, but like selling drugs, professional sports, or rapping it's just another gimmick.
                        professional sports is just a gimmick?

seems like u have some bitterness imbedded inside ur heart

BLACK MEN are the only drug dealers, rappers and sportsmen ?
                        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Look Twan, we can spin it anyway we want, but the truth is the truth. Telling the truth doesn't make us feel good, but I am not interested in the feel good thing. We way past that already.

Comment

talk about overbroad!!! well is your opinion still. never really thought of henry or pat ewing as being involved in a gimmick bu.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well, its a well paying gimmick thats for sure. LOL.

Reggaedoc have some "interesting" opinions at times.

Comment

Working...
                              X