I wonder if this is going to be a hung jury? Dem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if this is going to be a hung jury? Dem

certainly taking a while. There wasn't that much evidence to have to review.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

i was wondering about that very thing... seems like an awfully long time to render a verdict for such a short trial... got to admit, i am not feeling good about this delay... seems there is some disagreement among the jurors...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

the disagreement favours buju....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        the disagreement favours buju....
        .. but if the media reported the judge's instruction accurately, what disagreement should they be having?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

some people just nuh love dreadlocks or jamaicans ..... did you ever see the movie 12 angry men with henry fonda?

juries cannot help but deliberate with their fears and prejudices. that is a fact.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            some people just nuh love dreadlocks or jamaicans ..... did you ever see the movie 12 angry men with henry fonda?

juries cannot help but deliberate with their fears and prejudices. that is a fact.
            .. or maybe dem a stretch it out fi get some lunch this afternoon. Hey .. yuh never know.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

that makes sense... if most are in favor of an acquittal, then one are more are for conviction in which case those in favor of the acquittal is helping his case... and, if most are in favor of a conviction, the hold outs for acquittal are helping his case... tense times... i wouldn't want to be in buju's position right now... must be s hitting bricks...

Comment

tamba bay have one or 2 good seafood restaurants in the bay area....

Comment

excellent movie... 12 angry men... btw, on a tangent, have you heard about the new book by chief justice stephen breyer, 'making democracy work'... i saw him on larry king recently... he is an interesting and funny man... i think i am going to buy his book...

Comment

Lazie, mi get call fi jury duty two days ago. I did escape doing it and won't be called for the next 6 years but they pay you $40 a day. A man making minimum wage makes even more than that. So you can imagine how many people were complaining about that.

Comment

no i hadn't. still trying to read clarence thomas' book...but.... LAWD!

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
                        Lazie, mi get call fi jury duty two days ago. I did escape doing it and won't be called for the next 6 years but they pay you $40 a day. A man making minimum wage makes even more than that. So you can imagine how many people were complaining about that.
                        ... hence dem drawing it out fi the lunch.

Comment

You think dem a wait pon dinner now?
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                          X