No announcement yet.

Buju Banton Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well hear dem chief witness seh di DJ nevah sell or buy nutten from him, di money weh buy di ting ah nuh fi di DJ neighdah. Dem try use entrapment, kah dem hab di DJ ah taste stuff and lead him inna argument previous fi show intent but weh proof ah purchase deh. Mek wi si if dis hold up inna court. Mi ah fool when if come to lawyer business, Ah jus di bud brain mi ah try use up. Di DEA officer seh from him investigation di Dj nuh inna no drug dealins and dem bwoy kyaan confirm di man inna nuh buy an sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
      Yow...mi seh it areddy an mi wi seh it again... if mi ave a bredrin whey mi kno duh good werks... an im mess up....dat nah guh mean seh mi tun mi back pon im.. Buju ah soulja an if im deal wid di white im cyan rub a sentence yes...but dat nuh mean seh mi aggo bun fiya pon im....fiya fi bun pon di act...strait

Ah suh it set fi mi...Babylon cudda deal..

well, wrang chice ah words
      yow, mi respect da post yah... don1 yuh cudden seh it nuh betta... what many fail tuh realize is dat man a human being subject to failings... from mi street knowledge, buju is just a yute who deh mongst some bredrens who duh dem ting... him a turn on him bredren dem to de link (informant) and him a try profile like him know bout de biz (a do de tongue test)... dat alone tell mi seh buju is not a pro inna de biz... if he was him cudda just look pon it and tell (like de odda yute who seh it a 'fish scale')...

buju will be acquitted...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

i-man, if you will accept this simple truth... all men can be made to do to something they would not ordinarily do, then you could hold empathy for buju's predicament...

it was a poor decision by buju to be involved... however, i dont think he could have helped himself because i think the informant was more sophisticated and advanced in this game of manipulation than buju could ever imagine... persistence and persuasion along with setting the right conditions to lead a person down a predetermined path are a powerful combination...

any living person can be entrapped... i think his attorney will prove his innocence...

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
          any living person can be entrapped... i...

Entrapment - Come let me snare you to my lair
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Buju Banton wasn't told about drugs at warehouse

On the day Buju Banton was filmed in a Florida warehouse filled with cocaine last December; he did not know he was going there to see drugs.

This was revealed during a grueling cross examination from defence attorney David Marcus of Alexander Johnson, the prosecution's star witness against Buju, whose given name is Mark Myrie.
            Markus has been cross-examining Johnson, the United States Drug Enforcement Administration's (DEA) informant during Wednesday morning's session of the reggae singer's drug trial.
            Yesterday, the court heard shocking tape recordings of the artiste's conversations with the informant.

Johnson acknowledged in court today that the meeting at the warehouse was what he called a 'flash showing'.
            Johnson also confirmed that on the way to the warehouse, he and Buju spoke extensively about his music career but never about drugs.
            He also acknowledged that after the meeting no deal was discussed or made.

Markus established that Buju and Johnson met twice at restaurants in south Florida after their first meeting on the flight from Madrid.
            Referring to the transcript of the taped conversations, Markus noted that both occasions, it was Johnson who brought up the issue of a drug deal and he did so hours after the two had talked about other things, and when they would have drank extensively.

In one of those conversations, Buju was heard saying that he had too much wine to drink.
            For five months after their restaurant meetings, Johnson repeatedly sought to get Buju to come see him, but the singer kept cancelling.
            Based on the transcripts, most of the conversations were short with Buju promising to call back, but never did.
            Johnson also acknowledged the following the warehouse meeting he had he called Buju twice the next day, but the singer would not take his call.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

What was revealed on the second day of testimony is even more damning, the diamond smuggling leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth but that is something for John Public Courtroom.
              I can't understand how Marcus wasn't able to get some of the charges dismissed before trial or argued for dismissal after the DEA testified.

Blessed

Comment

Still can't believe the odds of Buju and a confidential informer taking the same plane from Spain(*a Jakan and a Colombian) and striking up a conversation. Do not be too quick to dismiss(at least Marcus should not) that theory, all it takes is someone making the allegation to the DEA.

Blessed

Comment

Buju get set up!!! straight up
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What if the crime would not exist had it not been for the DEA?

Blessed

Comment

lol... mi dun get exposed to de tactics awready... rightbackatchu...

Comment

~meow~

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mi nuh know weh yuh really ah seh still, yuh kina deh pan boaty.

Comment

Working...
                          X