Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audley back on the warpath

JLP labels PNP as hypocrites

JLP Deputy Leader, Audley Shaw. (Gleaner Company photo)

Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Deputy Leader Audley Shaw has labelled the opposition People’s National Party (PNP) as hypocrites for failing to admit to the country, the government is doing a good job at stabilizing the economy.

Addressing the JLP's Pedro Plains Division Conference at the Newell High School on Sunday night, Mr. Shaw, who is also Finance Minister, insisted that he had kept his promise to the country to borrow money at low interest rates.

“When we took the government three years ago, Omar Davies was borrowing money on the international capital market at between 10% and 12% interest rate. I have to pay back $400 million by May of next year, you know how much interest we are paying on that, 11.75% and when I said that I could get money at 3%, they laughed at me in the House,” Mr. Shaw said.

And Mr. Shaw also took a swipe at some trade unions and the PNP for their agitation over wage increases despite the global recession.

“PNP come and talk and PNP union people jump up and talk about ‘find money to pay everybody’ although the biggest countries in the world are cutting staff and cutting pay, some of them have cut both staff and pay and we are trying to keep things together here and PNP going on like they don’t know we doing a good job…hypocrites, hypocrites,” he said.
    Last edited by Karl; September 20, 2010, 04:17 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Liberia has a growth rate of 4%.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What does that have to do with anything?

Comment

Imagine that and we couldn't get 1% for 14 years.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Liberia has a growth rate of 4%.
          Luckily for Liberia dem never had to put up wid the PNP.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

mmmm?
            JLP a tink bout snap elections?!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I think the JLP have done much better than the PNP in this department. Omar with all his claims of being bright was woefully inept here.

Comment

or the JLP!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

or the JLP!
                  One a dese day when yuh stop being a comrade, check the numbers.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Mosia, what do you want for your country? I can understand your issues with Bruce, however your sniping at everything the JLP does, including the positive leads me to think your issue is not just with Bruce but with the whole party and that you would rather see the Pnp in power. Which leads back to the original question, what do you want for your country?

Comment

softly, softly ...... btw beforethe once noble chiron formerly sagest of all centaurs ask the question in his inimitable style of NOT asking the question, yuh related to audley shaw tuh, i mean as brown people and all....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

simply not true! i do not gripe at the positive things the JLP is doing. as soon as i come across one such positive, i will prove to you that i support them fully!

seriously, that is not true. by the way, have you noticed the many times when i criticise the PNP? no, you probably wouldn't.

you were not here on this forum then, but when Bruce got into office I gave him my full 100, against the advice of my comrade friends who say right thru the hypocrisy and the lies.

Bruce fell out of favour with me when first he ran over my toes with his EscaLIADe and made it 100 times worse when he tried protecting an alleged drug lord and all the stuff surrounding that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But face it you gave Audley a warm time in the run up to the election and his first two years.

You nuh think them man want some redemption especially after how many people say him can't walk inna Davis' shoe.

Comment

sorry! not yet impressed! and he's still One Turd!

The good thing about him, mi nuh tink him so LIE like Bruce. Then again, nuhbody can LIE lakka Bruce!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sorry! not yet impressed! and he's still One Turd!

The good thing about him, mi nuh tink him so LIE like Bruce. Then again, nuhbody can LIE lakka Bruce!
                              Strange enufff .... you were impressed wid Omar ... what dem feed you comrades on?

Comment

Working...
                              X