"This is absolutely unacceptable!!" stated the Mayor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "This is absolutely unacceptable!!" stated the Mayor

of Newark after there were 5 murders in the city since 2007.He then implemented a new crime prevention measure. In Jamaica there were 38 murders on the 7th and people a talk bout 2 game ban at Collie Smith Drive. Mi nuh waan cuss nuh badwud this year ... but **** man. A wha duh we suh?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: "This is absolutely unacceptable!!" stated the Mayor

so the JFF shouldn't ban them?

Every orangization have a role to play in doing their part in fighting crime.

I don't believe in Making them "cool it either". If Boys Town have to call down the whole JDF then let them do it.

Lazie I once use to play in a Haitian competiton in Spring Valley that was banned by the town because of some fighting. It became no fun and we use to have about 5,000 -10,000 people a game but because of the fighting and cussing people refused to continue support and the town banned the league.

I played and managed a team in that league but I supported the town.

Imagine that picture on the gleaner posted on FIFA.com?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Suh now a Boys Town must call on the JDF? Did you some rum in yuh coffee this morning? The shooting had nothing to do with the game bossman. Re-read the newsabout the incident.Instead of calling for a ban of the field, how about calling onthose responsible for providing security to do their job? Know what ... lets sit back and watch if this 2 game ban gonna reduce the shooting.(waitin) ..:yawn: ... (waitin)
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie if a player had died would your argument not to ban the field be the same?

It nuh matter a who shoot if them a fans or not, the place is unsafe for playing football at least at that moment that happen so you do what you can to let it not happen again.

If JFF want support and a decent league they have to take action. Not all actions are designed to solve all problems but it maybe designed to protect your space(league) etc. and that the JFF have to do.

Why would FIFA band people for racism taunts when it is the government that has the overall responsiblilty for this?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Aren't the racist taunts taking place within the venue?

Suh the place unsafe for playing football, yuh nuh think it unsafe fi those that live in the area? Mi notice unuh a tip toe round that. You of all people surprise mi Assasin. Karl and the Clan I expect that from .. not you.

Comment

Lazie believe it or not but if most organization act in their own interest as long as they don't break the law in the grand scheme of things they will be acting in the national interest.

So what you want JFF to do? play ball through gunfire? I guess they shouldn't have stop the game since the shots were fired from outside? I don't think JFF have a mandate to secure Boys Town or any other community but they have a mandate to protect the players, officals, managersand spectators who come to the game. Protection of the community is a totally different issue.

Comment

At no point did Lazie blame the JFF. Almost 40 ppl get killed since the year start and only outcry was because police get killed. Shootout between gangs occur and unuh only upset because football game was going on. Unuh amazing.

Comment

you have the wrong impression. Who is upset that a game was going on? certainly not me.

The JFF is not responsible for crime so they do what they can to help to make their players and fans safe. Is that so hard to understand?

hopefully and I say hopefully the police and the community will also realise that crime affects everybody not just a few.

Comment

Assasin (1/9/2007)you have the wrong impression. Who is upset that a game was going on? certainly not me.

The JFF is not responsible for crime so they do what they can to help to make their players and fans safe. Is that so hard to understand?

hopefully and I say hopefully the police and the community will also realise that crime affects everybody not just a few.
                  Yuh a tek time come round, yuh just a try hold out. Suit yuhself.

Comment

come around where?

Mi orginal position stand that the JFF should ban them. If it was me I would recommend 4 games ban and BT loose the point.

you are just simple clouding everything.

Comment

Oh .. unto the backsliders. Yuh started seeing that it wasn't a football issuebut yuh claim Lazie clouding? As misay, mek we kick back and see if this 2 game ...or even the 4 game ban yuh suggest will solve anything.

Unuh never seize to amaze me.

Comment

Working...
                      X