Jamaica's murder rate takes another dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica's murder rate takes another dip

There has been another drop in the monthly murder rate with the Jamaican police crime statistics indicating a 42 per cent decrease in the number of murders recorded in August 2010 when compared to August 2009.

According to a release from the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) there were 81 murders in August 2010 compared to 139 in August 2009. This is the lowest number of murders recorded in any one month since the start of 2010. The overall reduction in recorded murders for the months under consideration is 58.

More at .. http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=22582
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

YAY for SOE!

YAY for Bruce!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

good I can read the paper and read about something else other than Murder on the front page.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

it could have been even lower!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

gunshop lock

Comment

Murder rate in U.S. drops to lowest levels for four decades - despite the recession

U.S. law enforcement agencies are reporting a surprising drop in crime last year with murder rates in some major cities dropping to the lowest levels for four decades.

The FBI's latest nationwide figures show that violent crime for the U.S. as a whole fell 4.4 per cent in the first half of 2009, compared with the same period in 2008, led by a 10 per cent drop in murders.

Falling crime in New York, Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles at the same time as the worst economic slump since the 1930s is challenging social theories linking lawlessness to unemployment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz0zdLtGlWE
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Dem nuh think the experts say a poverty cause crime?

Nuff was looking for crime to increase so how do you explain it?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

..............guh axx gammah nuh...

nuh him a one of de expurt...............
                Last edited by HL; September 15, 2010, 06:53 PM.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                X