Bleaching in Jamaica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleaching in Jamaica?

The inspiration for this post is a recent picture of Vybez cartel. To put it kindly, he was never an attractive man at the best of times, but now he looks like something from a horror movie...yuck...defintion of "ugly". What im interested in is how do people like him have the confidence to walk around looking like a zombie and with everyone knowing they bleach. Is it acceptable to bleach in certain communites or circles in Jamaica? I have only ever heard jamaicans ridiculing people who bleach, but surely there must be some acceptance (somewhere) for people like him to continue doing it?

Yes it really is a strange thing. You are correct, often the act of bleaching is ridiculed yet it remains popular in some circles. Some people clearly must think that it is attractive.

I can only conclude that the self-hate many of our people have within themselves is still very strong.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yuh mussi a refer to the pic of him with Daryl Vaz. The man skin look so unnatural and him soon haffi go deal wid the medical consequences of bleaching.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

croaking lizard belly?

anyway when badman/gunman bleach...who a guh seh ennyting to dem face? kartel a bad man?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

why yuh haffi bring up di PM?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bwoy neva a dull moment on this forum, and yuh still a "carry feelings" with the PM.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

One EscaLIADe ever run ova yuh big toe yet?

Arite. Mi dun talk!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                Yes it really is a strange thing. You are correct, often the act of bleaching is ridiculed yet it remains popular in some circles. Some people clearly must think that it is attractive.

I can only conclude that the self-hate many of our people have within themselves is still very strong.
                It's puzzling, I've never met anyone who thought a bleached face was attractive, yet people still do it? Surely Kartel is a laughing stock now? It most be more than self hate though, self-hate mixed with a heavy dose of delusion and ignorance. Does Kartel really think he looks good?

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                  Yuh mussi a refer to the pic of him with Daryl Vaz. The man skin look so unnatural and him soon haffi go deal wid the medical consequences of bleaching.
                  Yes that picture
                  He looked even more scary and unreal standing next to two light (genuinely) skin men.

Comment

Seriously, this topic is not about Bruce, there are many other topics about Bruce you can contribute to if that's what you want to talk about. Please leave this thread Bruce free. Geez

Comment

post it mek wi si nuh? context is always important.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I have met a few who think it is okay. But then, I hang out in garrisons, even the former mother of them all!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I didn't start it!!!

cho!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Here is a recent pic

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            post it mek wi si nuh? context is always important.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

giid thing yuh post di picha otherwise i woulda walk right past him....

Comment

Working...
                              X