RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

say it ain't so... aubyn hill and tufton for perjury...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• say it ain't so... aubyn hill and tufton for perjury...

so says the hard working contractor general greg christie...

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...ead/lead2.html
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

i can't keep up.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hmmmmm...they have pills for that now, i think

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

thank God for Jesus!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          hmmmmm...they have pills for that now, i think

But a nuh everybody the pill will help
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

the best thing to happen to jamaica in a long time is the contractor general greg christie... thats a man who really has jamaica's interest at heart...

he has them all scrambling...

Contractor General fires back at MOA’s response to sugar divestment report

Contractor General Greg Christie. (Gleaner Company)

Contractor General Greg Christie, has issued what he calls a note of caution to the public, a day after the Ministry of Agriculture responded to his findings about the hiring of former banker Aubyn Hill to oversee the divestment of government's sugar assets.

Agriculture Ministry officials have charged that critical facts, contexts and circumstances, were not taken into account by Mr. Christie and his team in their probe.

“Illogical”

Chief among the concerns raised in the OCG report, is that two contracts were awarded to Aubyn Hill, in contravention of Government's procurement procedures.

On Wednesday afternoon, the OCG charged that the Agriculture Ministry fell short, in their response to the findings.

The OCG says it is alarmed that the Ministry of Agriculture has taken the position that it would be "illogical", having obtained Cabinet approval to contract Mr. Hill, to seek further approval from lower levels, in the procurement system.

The OCG argues that the Ministry's statement can only be interpreted as an open admission and declaration that Agriculture Minister, Dr. Christopher Tufton and Permanent Secretary in the Ministry, Donovan Stanberry, have broken the law, if they deem the relevant rules for procurement as "illogical".

The Contractor General states that the issuing of the statement has called into question "grave and fundamental issues of governance, the rule of law, and accountability, in the administration of the public service”.

False statements

In its report, issued on Tuesday, the office of the Contractor General said Dr. Tufton, Mr. Stanberry and businessman Aubyn Hill knowingly made false statements about Mr. Hill's employment to oversee the sugar divestment process.

The OCG said this breached the Contractor General Act and the Perjury Act.

The OCG also forwarded the report to the Director of Public Prosecutions for criminal charges to be filed.

Perjury

Meanwhile, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, Donovan Stanberry, has expressed surprise at the allegations made by Contractor General, Greg Christie, in his special investigation into consultancy contracts awarded to businessman, Aubyn Hill.

In an exclusive interview with RJR News, Mr. Stanberry denounced the OCG's comments, citing there was no intent by the three, to deceive the investigators.

“Perjury is a rather strong word and I noted that when he quoted the law, that is which one is prosecuted for perjury, the first words he used were ‘willfully deceive’ and there was no intent to ‘willfully deceive’ nor was there any collusion or contrivance on the part of myself, the Minister or Mr. Hill to do,” Mr. Stanberry said.

Simple mistake

Mr. Stanberry also addressed the OCG's claims of deception which revolved around why Mr. Hill's contracts were classified as 'Employment Contracts' instead of 'Consultancy contracts'.

“I did not realize that the legal people put in their clause that says that Mr. Hill is an independent contractor, but that was put in there specifically for the purpose of tax purposes so that the onus would be on him to make his returns, but in all other respects it’s in fact an ‘Employment Contract’,”

“I realized the mistake and I told him that I made a mistake and I apologized. Now I thought that that would have cleared up everything, so I was a little taken aback when he construed that to be a deliberate attempt to mislead,” he said.

He says he is anxiously awaiting the Director of Public Prosecutions' ruling.
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Snicker snicker..the blue one dem a deh better one....suh me hear
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
              X