RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What effect if any did The Dudus Saga Have On You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What effect if any did The Dudus Saga Have On You?

Today I wrote about the effect it had on me on my blog at http://childofthegarrison.com/ but how about you? Did it have any effect on you?

Originally posted by Garrison Child View Post
    Today I wrote about the effect it had on me on my blog at http://childofthegarrison.com/ but how about you? Did it have any effect on you?
    Dem cancel mi visa and mi likke extortion racket get affected. Damn.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Dem cancel mi visa and mi likke extortion racket get affected. Damn.
      Are you serious? LOL...... Just ask Wayne Chen for some advice...

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Child View Post
        What effect if any did The Dudus Saga Have On You?

In the short run, shock and dismay that a PM of ours could have been so silly and 'bareface' as to go into our parliament...into the light of day and declare support for a DON...an indicted DON!

Why?

It was saying to me what I wanted to disbelieve...although deep down, without proof...just a gut feeling and hearing 'di suss pan di streets'...that our politicians were in bed with the criminals.

...but when Likle Brucie came out in our parliamant and gave his series of speeches, the shades were removed. Here was my PM a raw criminal, himself.

PS: You would have to see my posts on what the actions also told to understand my I am convinced that the PM acted criminally.

Yet...my gut tells me that in the long run on many different fronts...the Dudus saga may actually be very good for Jamaica. It may turn out that that period...scratch that...this period will be seen by those coming behind as the period when Jamaicans woke up and a 'domino effect' kicked in whereby the criminals - those in the streets with the Don and those undercover hiding in plain sight as 'supposedly upright citizens' see their 'deck of cards' crumble.

I expect, for example, the good cops to stop being afraid and start to push back against their criminal collegues, crooked politicians and other crooks in our society.

I have up until the '90s when I migrated never allowed the criminals to cause me to live 'unda mi bed'. I would go anywhere anything I had reason so to do. Perhaps I was a fool to behave in such a manner. ...but I can remember in 1968 when I walked from 2 Penbrook Raod, Kingston 2 (bottom of Penbroke Road - off Windward Road near the intersection of Mt. View Road) after the last Jolly Bus had left me...after 12.00 midnight up Mountain View...on to Arthur Wint Drive...down Tom Redcam...down Marescaux Road...unto the Mico College campus...with not a care in my heart of fear that I would be harmed.

I remember in the 70s and 80s I lived at 2 Rons Road in Hughenden and...yes the front verandah was grilled...but we never closed the front door unless we had a storm. The kids at times slept at nights on the 'day bed' we had on the verandah... We were safe. We felt safe and were safe.

I remember my childhood days in Coldspring, Hanover, when my parents took us visiting and the doors at home where left open...wide open. We were safe. We felt safe and we were safe.

I used to ref matches everywhere Major League football and where many corner leagues matches were played...and we would often go off to the nearest bar or just stood around 'chattin'... and the darkness would come on us...and we felt safe.

Yes....Seaward Drive, Tinson Pen, Greenwich Town, Railway, Penwood High, Rockfort, August Town - Mona Bowl... You name it, I have been there.

=Attended church in Jones Town - United Church of Jamaica and Cayman...I do not think there was a pocket of the island I could not visit at anytime day or night...and we have sunk to the low where there are places off limits and a PM can stand in our parliament defend a Don openly...and hire lawyers to defend the DON?

Well I think the PM overplayed his hand...alll Jamaica saw and heard him - radio, tv and internet... He can...and his followers can 'pretty it up' as much as they like...the PM took the side of the DON instead of ours.

Yes...this period may well prove to be the period when the people kick over the traces...and say 'enough is enough'...and run the criminals - blatant and 'unda-groun'...'outtah town'.

That underway...oooh yes it is a political slogan from long ago...'bettah mus com' in every other area as among other things respect for life and property...respect for our fellow people return!

btw - One of the things I believe is we are all - Jamaicans - related. And a greater number are blood relatives than is believed. Why the hell should we not treat everyone as we would wish ourselves?!
        Last edited by Karl; September 5, 2010, 07:51 PM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

i take it that you are not in jamaica?

btw my simple observation on jamaica and jamaicans.....we are not halfway people...when we are good, we are the BEST but lawd...when wi bad...we are still the best at being bad!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            In the short run, shock and dismay that a PM of ours could have been so silly and 'bareface' as to go into our parliament...into the light of day and declare support for a DON...an indicted DON!

Why?

It was saying to me what I wanted to disbelieve...although deep down, without proof...just a gut feeling and hearing 'di suss pan di streets'...that our politicians were in bed with the criminals.

...but when Likle Brucie came out in our parliamant and gave his series of speeches, the shades were removed. Here was my PM a raw criminal, himself.

PS: You would have to see my posts on what the actions also told to understand my I am convinced that the PM acted criminally.

Yet...my gut tells me that in the long run on many different fronts...the Dudus saga may actually be very good for Jamaica. It may turn out that that period...scratch that...this period will be seen by those coming behind as the period when Jamaicans woke up and a 'domino effect' kicked in whereby the criminals - those in the streets with the Don and those undercover hiding in plain sight as 'supposedly upright citizens' see their 'deck of cards' crumble.

I expect, for example, the good cops to stop being afraid and start to push back against their criminal collegues, crooked politicians and other crooks in our society.

I have up until the '90s when I migrated never allowed the criminals to cause me to live 'unda mi bed'. I would go anywhere anything I had reason so to do. Perhaps I was a fool to behave in such a manner. ...but I can remember in 1968 when I walked from 2 Penbrook Raod, Kingston 2 (bottom of Penbroke Road - off Windward Road near the intersection of Mt. View Road) after the last Jolly Bus had left me...after 12.00 midnight up Mountain View...on to Arthur Wint Drive...down Tom Redcam...down Marescaux Road...unto the Mico College campus...with not a care in my heart of fear that I would be harmed.

I remember in the 70s and 80s I lived at 2 Rons Road in Hughenden and...yes the front verandah was grilled...but we never closed the front door unless we had a storm. The kids at times slept at nights on the 'day bed' we had on the verandah... We were safe. We felt safe and were safe.

I remember my childhood days in Coldspring, Hanover, when my parents took us visiting and the doors at home where left open...wide open. We were safe. We felt safe and we were safe.

I used to ref matches everywhere Major League football and where many corner leagues matches were played...and we would often go off to the nearest bar or just stood around 'chattin'... and the darkness would come on us...and we felt safe.

Yes....Seaward Drive, Tinson Pen, Greenwich Town, Railway, Penwood High, Rockfort, August Town - Mona Bowl... You name it, I have been there.

=Attended church in Jones Town - United Church of Jamaica and Cayman...I do not think there was a pocket of the island I could not visit at anytime day or night...and we have sunk to the low where there are places off limits and a PM can stand in our parliament defend a Don openly...and hire lawyers to defend the DON?

Well I think the PM overplayed his hand...alll Jamaica saw and heard him - radio, tv and internet... He can...and his followers can 'pretty it up' as much as they like...the PM took the side of the DON instead of ours.

Yes...this period may well prove to be the period when the people kick over the traces...and say 'enough is enough'...and run the criminals - blatant and 'unda-groun'...'outtah town'.

That underway...oooh yes it is a political slogan from long ago...'bettah mus com' in every other area as among other things respect for life and property...respect for our fellow people return!

btw - One of the things I believe is we are all - Jamaicans - related. And a greater number are blood relatives than is believed. Why the hell should we not treat everyone as we would wish ourselves?!
            Karl, very well said. I hope that others may read your response and understand that many of the current so-called “garrisons” were decent places to live. As I wrote in my article “POLITICIANS ‘MASH UP’ GREENWICH TOWN” http://childofthegarrison.com/2010/07/25/Politicians_Mash_Up_Greenwich_Town.aspx people could have walked around freely all over in Jamaica and no one bothered them.

Take for instance country (Clarendon, Hanover, etc) can you believe that crime has reached country???? I made mention of that in my article today….

The only thing though is that Bruce Golding’s approach to the Dudus situation is not unique. All the MPs of garrison constituencies would have protected their “dons” if the situation arose. Please see my commentary http://childofthegarrison.com/2010/08/27/My_Commentary.aspx

As I said in my article yesterday entitled “THE DUDUS EFFECT (ON ME), the Dudus saga has made me realize that so many Jamaicans are oblivious to what goes on in the garrisons as it relates to crime and politics. That was actually what prompted me to write “my story” “CHILD OF THE GARRISON” and eventually started blogging.

But again Karl, great, great response to this thread…..

If you are in the U.S. hope you will be enjoying a great Labor Day Barbecue!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              i take it that you are not in jamaica?

btw my simple observation on jamaica and jamaicans.....we are not halfway people...when we are good, we are the BEST but lawd...when wi bad...we are still the best at being bad!!
              I take it you are saying we are always the best? LOL

Comment

The power of the Jamaican people. They force a PM and ruling party to chance their stance supporting a political Don. They put the opposition on defense as well about their support crime reduction.

Politics and policies are not just about voting and blocking road when bread prices rise. Jamaica need not to let up on the pressure.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

it come out dat way? lawd garrison child...yuh a di best!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

karl. where yuh was coming from and what had you been drinking...'FESS UP!!!

Comment

Passed thru Tivoli Gardens last Friday night. I have never seen such activity and merriment on the streets. Everywhere was abuzz with excitement and commerce. Saw some stores on Spanish Town Road that I have never seen open at that time before!

I think we finally have our model community. Bruce, take a bow! (yeah, right!) I have been told by residents that finally, many of them, have a voice, it's like a weight was taken off their shoulders. Imagine living under the Don of Dons for all your life. You know nothing different and fear losing him because you would have to deal with the unknown. Well, the unknown don't look too bad, right about now.

I understand that back-to-school preparations, once the sole business of the don in his quest to to control thought and behaviour, were taken care of already as some companies had played their part. Not sure how it was done, because the handout thing, even by a business, is not going to work! If dem giving out jobs, well that's a different ting.

Garden nice again!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Aloun N'Dombet-Assamba a PNP politician recently claimed that politicians have less impact on the gangs in their constituencies than prior years.

From what I have heard, PNP & JLP politicians direct the fundamental operations of political gangs in their constituencies and the Don is beholden to them. How say you
                        ?
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mi neva know seh ah suh Gyadin sweet! LoL

It was always gonna happen Mo, just a matter of when.

2 Bull cyan rule inna one pen!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Passed thru Tivoli Gardens last Friday night. I have never seen such activity and merriment on the streets. Everywhere was abuzz with excitement and commerce. Saw some stores on Spanish Town Road that I have never seen open at that time before!

I think we finally have our model community. Bruce, take a bow! (yeah, right!) I have been told by residents that finally, many of them, have a voice, it's like a weight was taken off their shoulders. Imagine living under the Don of Dons for all your life. You know nothing different and fear losing him because you would have to deal with the unknown. Well, the unknown don't look too bad, right about now.

I understand that back-to-school preparations, once the sole business of the don in his quest to to control thought and behaviour, were taken care of already as some companies had played their part. Not sure how it was done, because the handout thing, even by a business, is not going to work! If dem giving out jobs, well that's a different ting.

Garden nice again!
                            Great news about Tivoli! Very glad to hear!

Comment

fi real...

Comment

Working...
                              X