No announcement yet.

Dialysis - what is the solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just spoke with a friend who has some knowledge of dialysis treatment costs... she told me that the cost per treatment that insurance pays ranges from $170-$300 depending on the stage and other meds...

converting to ja dollars, his cost in line with the costs she mentioned... it rough to come up with that money out of pocket... an overall sad situation...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

In most US States, including Wisconsin, you can donate organs upon death by signing a statement on the back of your drivers license.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
        in the states, previously health insurance would not cover pre-existing conditions... if the person contracted the disease while under coverage, the insurance would cover the costs for as long as they continue to be insured...

since the obama health reform, health insurance cannot deny coverage due to pre-existing conditions... and yes, health insurance would cover for as long as the person remains alive...
        Baddaz, I thought the pre-existing condition rule does not go into effect for adults until something like 2014. Right now, the law is that for children with pre-existing conditions, they cannot be denied.

That is how I understand it. Let me know if it is not so.

Thanks,
        Tilla
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

insurers are not obligated until 2014 for adults but some insurers are already covering people with preexinsting conditions... companies are already trying to get a leg up on the competition... coverage varies by state... massachusetts is a progressive state and a leader in healthcare... mandatory health insurance...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

In reading your post, I was of the opinion I had misinterpreted the new law. Your statement made it sound as if the law was already in force within the US (not just your progressive Massachusetts), which is misleading. Also, because some insurance companies have started providing coverage does not make it the law in the States.

I thought it was a waste of time for them to wait until 2014 to make it effective for adults. Do you know how many people will continue to suffer until then?
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
            X