Boyd Carey booted from Finsac enquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyd Carey booted from Finsac enquiry

THE Judicial Review Court today disqualified retired Justice Boyd Carey as chairman of the suspended Finsac enquiry.

The court also refused to declare null and void, the enquiry into the financial meltdown of the mid-1990s and the subsequent intervention of the state-run Financial Sector Adjustment Company (Finsac).

The court ruled that a third person be named to the commission and refused to discharge the other commission members but disqualified RNA Henriques QC as the counsel to the commission.

The court had on August 13 reserved judgement on whether or not Carey should be disqualified from the sitting and the probe declared null and void, in the face of apparent bias.

The claimants challenged Carey's chairmanship, arguing that he had a debt that was taken over by Finsac after the collapse of the financial sector in the mid-1990s. The claimants have contended that Carey is among the group of persons the commission is tasked with looking at how they were treated by Finsac.

The hearings were suspended earlier this year due to the court case
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Lazie: Well the smokescreen effect seems to be working...

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...SAC#post209325

&

rational reasoning

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...SAC#post209653
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I guess the efforts to kill the exercise continues. Might as well dem end the process yes.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        I guess the efforts to kill the exercise continues. Might as well dem end the process yes.
        Cho just admit that Boyd Carey had a conflict of interest...an dun di being upset that he was removed. He should not have taken the appointment.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Cho just admit that Boyd Carey had a conflict of interest...an dun di being upset that he was removed. He should not have taken the appointment.
          So why wasn't the conflict pointed out until the process had gone on for weeks possibly months? Its clear there are those who don't want this to take place.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            So why wasn't the conflict pointed out until the process had gone on for weeks possibly months? Its clear there are those who don't want this to take place.

Re: Why wasn't the conflict pointed out..

You are making an assumption.
            ...but let us rest this one.

Comment

Tek him off yes.. wi nuh want nuh excuse or appeal when di hammah drop..

Comment

Who is Justice Boyd Carey. I am wondering if he was the elderly gentleman, dark complexion, thin, well spoken, but extremely arrogant, dismissive, and quite simply rude in executing his professional duties.

It could well be the same gentleman my wife, and I saw on a TV news program several months ago, basically insulting a group of young attorneys who were attempting to get a point across to him, in a civilized manner. I am not sure if this was pertaining to the same enquiry. I looked at my wife and my wife looked at me in amazement. The same thing went through our minds and that is- how could this clown be allowed to get away with behaviour like that? I guess anything goes in Jamaica.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                  Who is Justice Boyd Carey. I am wondering if he was the elderly gentleman, dark complexion, thin, well spoken, but extremely arrogant, dismissive, and quite simply rude in executing his professional duties.

It could well be the same gentleman my wife, and I saw on a TV news program several months ago, basically insulting a group of young attorneys who were attempting to get a point across to him, in a civilized manner. I am not sure if this was pertaining to the same enquiry. I looked at my wife and my wife looked at me in amazement. The same thing went through our minds and that is- how could this clown be allowed to get away with behaviour like that? I guess anything goes in Jamaica.
                  'im same one! for his rudeness and arrogance alone he should be booted!

now, how could a justice not realise the potential conflict of interest in this matter and accept the position?!? he should be charged for seeking an office under false pretence!

he needs to haul himself back to the Bahamas or wherever the hell he resides.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

they came damn good! i accept the ruling ... no point in appealing it. also am heartened that the entire enquiry was not dismissed.

i am going to try to get a copy of the ruling.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yes, the enquiry should continue.

boyd should pay back every inflated cent he cost taxpayers for taking a job he, of all persons, should know he was not fit to hold.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo deh pon rampage!

Gwaan my yute.

Comment

but Willi, di big judge nuh 'ave nuh sense?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Apparently not.

Arrogance is so 20th century. Him need fi come inna di light.

LoL

Comment

Working...
                              X