karl & mdmex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karl & mdmex

2 of our mature posters, did either of you see the movie "a summer place" back in the late '50s early 60's?

If you did can you share your thoughts on what you thought of it at the time?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

what you mean "mature"?

What are you implying about the other posters??
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

why yuh put mature in quotations? the plain and ordinary meaning is sufficient what yuh try to start here?

yuh saw di movie?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

No say mi nuh mature enuff!!!! LOL

Good move?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

when dem ansa mi wi gi mi opinion mi nuh wa'an prejudice anything. this is the theme from the movie .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mERbQIvgJXs

Comment

andy williams version ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SeDG...eature=related

Comment

gamma, i was interested in what you had to say about summer place... i saw the movie years ago... mi neva seh nutten since yuh did address karl & mdmex...

all mi gwine seh is it is a really good movie with some powerful messages... they don't make movies like those anymore... if yuh live inna glass house, dont throw stones... peter tosh did sing dat tuh... love has found its way... dennis brown sing dat... anyway, mek mi hear weh yuh a guh wid dis...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

baddaz, i share your sentiments exactly! i was wondering how it was viewed at the time because of the way it dealt with certain themes might havemade it controversial.

very good movie.

Comment

is a long time ago mi si da movie deh... mi surprise mi still remember it... mi used to love watch de old movies... still do...

i can imagine it being controversial back dem times deh cause some of the themes can still imflame passions today... infidelity... teenage pregnancy... one big mix up... step-mother / step-father are the real grandparents... it sick... some would even say a den of iniquity... lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    2 of our mature posters, did either of you see the movie "a summer place" back in the late '50s early 60's?

Saw it. Cannot recall the theme...but it sticks in my mind that at that time I thought it was great!

...now I am wondering if the preceptions held them would be the same. I need to find it somewhere and have a re-look.

A wah?
                    Was it one in the line of 'brainwashing' type movies?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post

Mi jus luk at di review an mi nuh si nutten seh it had an 'bad' undertones?
                      ...agen, a wah?

btw - The music theme that I seem to remember ran throughout the movie, is still one of my favorite pieces of music.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Gamma -I never saw the movie.
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

note to self...put baddaz inna di "mature" catigerry"

Comment

heh heh... yuh know wha, mi nuh mind... nutten nuh wrong wid de catigery a want tell yuh, mi like watch old movies especially de black & white ones... imitation of life...

btw, nuh eva watch a silent movie... 'scaramouche' comes to mind...

while wi deh pon da path yah... last year, my 10 yr old was digging through some boxes and came up on some of my vinyl records... she was facinated by them... asked a whole lot of questions... she had never seen records being played... worse i didn't have a working turntable... the needle broke 1987 and i didnt replace it... its been cd player since then...

suh de mature tag could also be around yuh neck... LOL

Comment

gweh .... yuh a look mature company!!!! mi young an' immature...lef mi!!

Comment

Working...
                              X