No announcement yet.

Spragga's Shotta Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mi juss lissen spragga tune, shotta culture... it is a really good reality chune... with this chune, he certainly isn't promoting guns or violence...
    actually, the music is excellent... along the lines of 'joe frazier' riddim... well done, in my opinion...

here is the lyrics to the song... everyone can decide for themselves...

intro:
    (claim seh dem a badman and certain tings cant reach dem
    well, badness life have a lesson fi teach dem)

yuh better penny everybody who approach yuh
    nowadays a anybody can touch you
    and dem wi tun yuh inna dinna fi de vulture

suh mek sure yuh security a ultra
    who yuh nuh check and suspect a dem a out yuh
    dat a de living when yuh inna shotta culture

and now de man affi look pon life different
    him neva see de bullet coming from a distance
    and when it touch him, blood a run inna a instant
    him neva even si a which part it come from
    or if a copper, hollow tip or if dumb dumb
    or if a wayne or if a biggs or if a john john
    but a nuh john john, dat a de wrong man

him neva memba when him dis de likkle infant
    who him did kick up and did empty out a james bond
    and never know seh dat de yute a lock a sixpence
    (nuh de sixpence, him a respond)

suh yuh fi penny everybody who approach yuh
    nowadays a anybody can touch you
    who yuh nuh check and suspect a dem a out yuh
    dat a de living when yuh inna shotta culture

fi suh much years, a him a buss people head
    cant believe seh, now a fi him blood a shed
    hear him a bawl fi reach hospital bed
    tink him a dead, swear seh him a dead
    him jussa memba seh God a him friend
    hear him a beg Him fi forgive all him sin
    an when him granny used to tell him, him a bend
    him used to bend, twist up and a bend
    an memba how him use to brag how life sweet
    how much money him have and how much gal him meet
    bullet screechy, eat him food him couldn’t see it
    all the while the same cycle a repeat

suh, yuh better penny everybody weh approach yuh
    nowadays a anybody can touch yuh
    who yuh nuh check an suspect a dem a out yuh
    dat a de livin when yuh inna shotta culture
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

why the gun pikcha again?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

mi haffi respek dem lyrics deh...from the heart...

but di image wi lead peeple astray....
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          why the gun pikcha again?
          marketing i guess

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sTEmq5N55s

Comment

The first impression of the album is poor, however I should get a copy of the music soon and my comments will be based on that. As an artist he is not in the same league as Capleton or Sizzla, and his earlier works sounds as though if he is tone deaf.

Track List
              1 Shotta Culture
              2 No Way No How (Feat. Marcia Griffths)
              3 This Is The Way (Feat. NaS)
              4 More P.u.m P.u.m.
              5 Get That Dough (Feat. Tity Boi Of Playaz)
              6 Mutten
              7 Stay The Same (Feat. Jazmine Sullivan, Stephen Marley)
              8 More Life (Feat. Stephen Marley, Sizzla, Queen Ifrica, & Jah Cure)
              9 Duppy Nuh Frighten Vampire
              10 Protect Your Culture
              11 Real News
              12 Red Dot Special (Feat. Swizz Beats, Kardinal Offishall, Shabba Ranks)
              13 Yea Ya Know
              14 Who Inna The Middle
              15 Branding
              16 Dread Don't Go Down
              17 Livication
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Spragga's Pistol

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

nice!

Comment

As a rasta you do have to be careful of the image that you put out.
                    The reason being is that you are set aside by the creator as the "players of instrument" that are supposed to lead the flocks to the creator and the last thing you are supposed to do is stray them.

Saying all that I will have to listen to the album and see what the Benz is trying to get across.

Shotta's the movie did do more damage to the Rasta image than most people will want to admit as we are just now learning of the importance of the visual image to the mind and the programming it does to us.

The Karma sent out is a very serious one when it is coming from us the high priests. We can't do what everyone else does as we are set aside to gather the flocks and lead them to the creator.

So let me listen to the music before I pass judgement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUL_0...eature=related

We are spiritual teachers of the highest order and so we MUST and I mean must seek to learn daily about ourselves, our gifts and the effect of what we do on the people that we are supposed to lead back to the creator.

Its not a job to be taken lightly or played with.
                    Images are very very very important and that is why the egyptians made sure every "billboard" around reminded you of your purpose on earth and thus they had a society that ran for 4,000 years compared to these so called civilized barbarians who have a billboard on every corner with a gun in the hand of the person on it and videogames with people killing each other and then they wonder why our kids are like that.

They know what they are doing as they are practicioners of the Kabala but because they have us under sorcery we can't see and ask the logical question of "If you are God's chosen people, the creator of all and the most powerful entity in the universe, in fact the only entity in the universe.
                    How is it that your movies and videogames are straying people away from God? shouldn't you be praising God daily? A dem sorcery dem have wi under why we can't stop and think as dem kill we with slogans and buzz words.

Anyway back to topic as dem time up and dem bwoy deh pon overtime, as Karma a reach dem. A dem program we black women away from us with dem soap opera and a follow man around because man a preach the truth like people fraid a dem.

a true mi no have time fi even tell unnu the half of dem bwoy deh diabolical plans fi subliminally program our kids away from us but dem buck up innna ants nest(more on that later)

back to topic just had to get that off my chest and let them know(they monitor the sites I post on) say man no fraid a dem as a the creator mi roll with so fear no inna mi vocabulary and mi nah stop preach and teach and dem can't trap mi like Buju

respect
                    pass mi a pass through and touch it, back to the hills

Comment

shatta who told you Spragga a rasta??? him cant just dread

Comment

hear! hear!

you make me blush with pride--at some of your comments (at times)...
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

don't give up on me now, HL! i'll make something of myself, i promise!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hortical mi affi dig up da post ya... mi juss give de album a lissen... it affi secure a slot inna mi cd changer and it get anneda spot pon mi iphone...

a damn good album... a real album... anybody give this a real lissen will be surprised at the quality of the production...

when mi si how don1 style up de artist as spiritually diseased... lawd it hurt mi especially after hearing de tune weh spragga dedicate tuh him son carlyle, 'stay de same'... a next wikid track, 'livication'...

mi like and appreciate all kind of music... from music good it good... this is an excellent album... an album weh yuh lissen from 1 to 17 and hold de vibe...

Comment

yes, but is the photo justfied?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

lawd a weh yuh come from... weh yuh ben deh... as it relates to the musical project, yes...

Comment

Working...
                                X