I now know for a FACT that Ja will not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I now know for a FACT that Ja will not

have a class A educational system. There will only an elite few to manipulate and deceive the populace of Ja. At the same time though please keep your BS local and don't embarass the rest of Jakans (living abroad) on the world stage.

Why do these people think they can toy with a power as the US? I will say it again: thank God George is out. Bam is really patient. Possibly he knows that it's not the wish of the populace (of JA) to quarrell nor bring harm to the USA but a few (who wishes to threaten US interests and national security) that manipulates and hides behind the pouplace. Bam weed them out! The poor in Ja will be able to walk from church late at nights again.

what are you doing to improve JA education?

other than chat that is?
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Is it his responsibility to improve the system? Isn't that what we pay tax for? So that the political directorate can utilize, plan and manage for ALL Jamaicans? I'm sure Jawge can contribute and may have done so already...but to give him responsibility to improve the system is a huge challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
        Is it his responsibility to improve the system? Isn't that what we pay tax for? So that the political directorate can utilize, plan and manage for ALL Jamaicans? I'm sure Jawge can contribute and may have done so already...but to give him responsibility to improve the system is a huge challenge.
        I think it is EVERYBODY'S responsibility to improve education if we think it's the #1 issue.... and even moreso if we like to talk and complain about the shytstem... and realize that the tribes are not that interested

It is not difficult to assist education at all...we have schools all over...and all of them have needs big & small...

If all the people who like to talk about education just chose one likkle project to support materially .... wi much betta off

Talk is cheap

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Improving the SYSTEM is different from assisting a school..one requires strategic changes while the other may be of a personal contribution. Every drop in the bucket counts but overall improvement will require a broader vision for Jamaica. That's where we have totally failed. How can we have improved education with worsening security daily??? Thats our #1 priority - crime! Maybe we'll hv more educated criminals.

Comment

I don't expect private individuals to make or influence systemic change except by example.

One can choose to only beat up one's gums by posting opinions on private fora like this... or one can also do what one can by assisting schools

Everyone has a choice between idle chatter and good works...

Talk is cheap an mout mek fi seh anyting

Comment

This is mentality that you develop in the island and never change (thinking the one, one cocoa full basket will come through). Boss no matter how you or some individuals (key word) labour, you will not see a significant change in Ja's eduction system. MLK and other s knew this and that's why many marches and civil disobedience was organized to change a policy (another key word, reach for your dictionary).

Ja's education policy needs reform: Joshua made bold step but he was coming from ground up (fighting illiteracy rate of 55%) but his policies on education were never continued. Considering the impending info age Ja should demand that all the teachers' colleges (of which there are many) should demand that all teachers complete three semesters of calculus with a passing grade (regardless of what you are going to teach). The govt. should at least ensure that each college has a phd in Math and physics as lecturers(can make some arrangement with India seeing that they have Phds. to the point where they answer phones in call centres there). These new and minted teachers should now be injected with special waivers (if they opt to teach in the so called rural areas) and I'm talking about primary and high schools. Ja is 2.8 million people education isn't that hard to fix. It's just that it suits a certain elite as a control mechanism.

Back to the word policy: You need to make yor voice be heard in numbers in order for the slavery system of education in Ja to be changed. Once the new system/policy is in place, you will see results. You should know this, you are living in the states long enough. Yes?

Comment

are you a product of that system?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The US is NOT a model for Jamaica to follow as far as I'm concerned...so living there is a non sequitur.

For me the choice is simple:

1. One can choose to stay on the sidelines and merely bray about what should be done in education and is not being done..AKA defeatism

2. One can choose to do whatever one can....materially... to make improvements where it is one's power... AKA activism

I choose the latter...end of story.

Comment

Predictable answer as usual. What you them on tape?

Comment

Is this a lawyer trick question? Suerly a highly intelligent man as yourself wuld not ask such a question. Let's refer to MLK again: MLK entered Moorehouse College at the age of thirteen he could hve asily said; "h the sytem is working for me why change it?" MLK did the prudent thing; which was to dmand changes and improvement for his fellowmen.

I know that there is more to your question , so let's hear it. Thanks.

Comment

Heh, heh...

Does this hold for just education..

Comment

Deee1 is an optimistic. LOL
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mi nuh know who him ah try fool...

Mi read him game lang time...

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                              Predictable answer as usual. What you them on tape?
                              no sense here... rethink an come again

Comment

Working...
                              X