Former SLB head to sue the gov't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former SLB head to sue the gov't

over her dismissal. Let the games begin.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

If that report that they published is true, it would seem that it should be the other way around.

Comment

Best defense is a good offence. When you can't defend the indefensible then declaring you're being treated unfairly is the next best thing. Come to think of it no that some on hre use to say when a certain garrison was raided. Dem no say that now I'm baffled as to why. I guess it's all about the game-changing and the crime fighting. This lady is just taking her clue from everybody else.

Comment

i would sue too. isn't Bruised Gelding still the PM?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Shaw defends sacking of SLB boss

Finance Minister Audley Shaw has responded to critics, particularly those from the Opposition, who have slammed him for his firing of Lenice Barnett, former Executive Director of the Students' Loan Bureau (SLB) last week.
          Mrs. Barnet was dismissed following an audit at the agency which revealed several financial irregularities.
          Mr. Shaw says he was just doing his job of protecting the revenue of the country.
          He defiantly stated that it was not his practice to dispense of public sector workers.
          However, in this particular case, when all the facts were weighed, a snap decision had to be made in the interest of the country.
          “You have the benefit of an auditing report by the Public Accountability Inspectorate of (the Finance) Ministry which is carefully perused. I meet with the people who (made a verbal) report and then they provided the information in a written report and so as minister, made a judgement call,” Mr. Shaw said.
          Blow the whistle on corruption
          He also warned public sector workers, particularly those in charge of the country's finances, to be wary of the Public Accountability Inspectorate in the Ministry of Finance.
          “Just clean up your act because the Public Accountability Inspectorate that I established a year ago is not established to go into Ministry of Finance agencies alone. It is established to go into any agency, departments or ministry of Government and we’re encouraging people to blow the whistle if they see things going wrong,” Mr. Shaw said while speaking at a stakeholders' forum for the proposal of a Jamaican Financial Literacy programme Wednesday morning.
          He addressed his comments to one of his critics Opposition Spokesman on Education, Senator Basil Waite who was also present.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
          X