That $200 MILLION @ 1.5% !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That $200 MILLION @ 1.5% !!

Read (as saw) where some folks are literally dancing in the streets at this accomplishment. The government has done well!!!

Sad thing is that none of this money will not go towards effecting real change in Jamaica. This money will evaporate--just like the $$millions$$ borrowed in the past.

Not one cent fron this large sum will fix the treacherous road that links Duncans with Clarkes Town in Trelawny. Or even that portion in Albert Town/Spring Valley--where the good folks erected a make-shift retaining wall--made from bamboo.

This make-shift system acted more like a beacon-like device. The purpose is to prevent vehicles from going down a very deep gully...that would end in loss of life. (This not the first time I have seen local citizens taking this type specific initiative to do the job of government).

Oh...and this past Jamaican Independence Day was just another day for those good Jamaican folks in these parts. I saw lots of men going to their grung wid them matchate and hoe(sp?). I saw young boys pushing carts--transporting water from a distant stand pipe. There were no Independent Day celebretion in these parts.

The extremely sad thing is that what I experienced-- is an accurate representative sample of the Jamaican population!!

So that $200 MILLION @ 1.5%...keep on dancing...an feel good .
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Would you feel better if it was borrowed at 20%?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not the point I am making Assasin.

If the money was borrowed at 20% and one could measure positive outcome..I would not care.

Jamaicans are (and have been ) suffering Assasin.

I do not have high hopes on the 200 $Million @1.5%.

~~~sorry~~

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        Not the point I am making Assasin.

If the money was borrowed at 20% and one could measure positive outcome..I would not care.

Jamaicans are (and have been ) suffering Assasin.

I do not have high hopes on the 200 $Million @1.5%.

~~~sorry~~
        agree hl , not much positive outcomes . u ever wonder how every ja'can
        gov... just keep barrowing and barrowing and not producing ?
        Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
        United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
        happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
        Probably forthcoming...

Comment

I'll just let then keep on dancing wbvs.

BTW: got your email...but yuh dun know that I was not serious about having those digits...

HL

Comment

While borrowing is not the best thing we can do consider the fact that we were borrowing the same amount at 20% and higher. We have to look at the whole pictcha.

While I am not all that hopefully we have to give them a chance and let us see. Them nuh say the Chinese give them loan to fix internal roads.
            At least with the IDB, world bank and IMF there is some control.

Borrowing is not the best way to go and I wish we didn't have to do it but there are one and two hopeful signs, let us hope them don't f it up.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

...i almost never let hope gets the better of experience Assasin.....

But as Jessie says..."keep hope alive".

HL

Comment

that is what I am saying. At some stage a savior will come.

Mi nuh write them off before they get a chance. The fact is the economic picture for Ja is better than it was 2 years ago right now. We have an opportunity and even the IMF say wer are on the right track. Let us see how long before they derial. It will be interesting if we can post 3% growth anytime in the near future.

Comment

Sometimes I wondah if some posters on here realize were wi coming fram ?

Is like dem was in a coma for 19 years...

Is wheh dem hexpec if Omar nevah leave us nuh money only debt.. how wi muss survive di recession exactly ?? Mek money out of air ???

Banks don't even REMEMBER how to loan money for productive ventures to blerdcleet..

Unnuh nuh hear Butch seh fi stap di yapping ?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    that is what I am saying. At some stage a savior will come.

Mi nuh write them off before they get a chance. The fact is the economic picture for Ja is better than it was 2 years ago right now. We have an opportunity and even the IMF say wer are on the right track. Let us see how long before they derial. It will be interesting if we can post 3% growth anytime in the near future.
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

At 20% there is no chance!

If you dont buy a ticket, you cant win the lotto!

You have to be in the game and int. rates have to be manageable. The power of compound interest working against you at over 10% is truly phenomenal.

Comment

Anyway Willi (and Assasin) Banks are in business to make money.

Contrary to what many may think...it is not in the interest of these banks to see Jamaica wean itself from borrowing.

The World Bank and IMF have been loaning money to Jamaica since the '70's.

Jamaica is just a bloody good customer to these institutions.

Jamaica is like a kid with a credit card. Very foolish!!
                        Last edited by HL; August 17, 2010, 12:12 PM.

HL

Comment

What is wrong with borrowing money ?

Comment

"...the borrower is the slave of the one doing the lending.."

HL

Comment

Do you borrow ?

Comment

Working...
                              X