Quick question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question!

Without Love by Leroy Smart, was that the original? Listening to Launchcast I heard a version from Ken Booth, and mi nuh shame fi say it, ah the first I can recall hearing that version. Mi curious who did it first ... Leroy or Ken.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Quick question!

to the best of my knowledge ken boothe didthe originalversion for studio one... leroy smart did it over at channel one a few years later...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Thanks! Leroy's seem to get much more air time as that the only version I was aware of.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

your right about the airplay... but its just because of the quality... channel one had a more robust sound quality and most of the channel one 'lick ovas' became more popular than the studio one originals... but classic reggae lovers will prefer the original studio one tunes...

btw, tinga stewart and chakademus has a version of that same song, without love... it nice as well...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
        X