First box in 2007 fi Portia Simpson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First box in 2007 fi Portia Simpson.

<P class=StoryText align=justify>We understand and forgive you, Prime Minister<P class=StoryText align=justify>We can, easily, forgive Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller for her latest reprimand of the media.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The prime minister, while addressing yesterday's opening ceremony of the 5th Annual Caribbean MBA Conference at the Hilton Kingston Hotel, complained that some media houses do not really focus on the economic successes of the Government. Rather, those media houses, she said, preferred to go after the sensational.<P class=StoryText align=justify>According to the prime minister, some people only become aware of her administration's achievements after she pointed them out.<P class=StoryText align=justify>However, given the prime minister's own admission - on more than one occasion - that she doesn't read the newspapers or keep abreast of local news on radio and television, we can understand why she made that assessment yesterday.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: First box in 2007 fi Portia Simpson.

Balla, a dis yah joker unuh really have fi PM? Embarrassing!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

why is she a joker?

Why are you promting violence against women - "first box" - your words your thought - i nuh deal wid nuh form of abuse against women - be careful of your words and be respectful of your mother, wife, sister and daughter and of certian offices

Comment

Were you a member of the spinners? You very well know what I'm saying. Why is she a joker? Where have you been?

Comment

try this for respect - dont ask me a question if you refuse to answer when they are asked of you - i really dont time for the stupid games

Comment

I guess I too would be on edge seeing how Portia acting! There is no way that question of why she is a joker could be a serious question. Unless like yuh leader yuh nuh read the news.

Comment

so you are not determining that I am on edge - hmmmmmmmm I lost an uncle today - how is that in terms of usual daily dissing of nothing ?

A minister of Government once told me that any news I heard of the Prime Minister (then PJ) had six other sources of getting the same news

brethren you dont personally have to read the news or listen to newscast to be up to date - remember that the media DONT CREATE the news they simply REPORT IT

Comment

brethren you dont personally have to read the news or listen to newscast to be up to date - remember that the media DONT CREATE the news they simply REPORT IT
                Well ... what does that say about Portia? She is creating the news, the media reporting it and she complaining that they not doing it. Unuh sure uunuh nuh have unuh lines crossed?

You ask why Portia is a joker? The PM ... no yuh ago say ask the PNP, the President of the PNP ordered that the trafiguria money be returned. Has it been returned yet? Based on yuh response we'll all know if unuh tek har serious or see her as a joker, as previously stated by Lazie.

You say you lost an uncle today ... my condolenses.

Comment

The PM is not the only source that creates new - and you didnt sum it up properly thats not her quarrell at all - she is saying the media only picks the sensational (negative) stories to highlight

lets wait and see who is the next PM- see if the Jamaican ppl selects this "joker"

Comment

Balla (1/4/2007)The PM is not the only source that creates new - and you didnt sum it up properly thats not her quarrell at all - she is saying the media only picks the sensational (negative) stories to highlight

lets wait and see who is the next PM- see if the Jamaican ppl selects this "joker"
                    .... but how would she know if she don't read the papers and listen to the news? Fact is she is lying!

There is no doubt who the Jamaican people will vote in as PM.Afterall, PJ won 3 consecutive elections nuh true?

Comment

You say FACT ?

ppl are employed in political and government offices to deal specifically with press/media issues, they spend a great deal of time monitoring the news , talks shows , reading the papers the internet - do you think they keep information they find pertinent to themselves? and to whose benefit ultimately you think they undertake these task?

You are unbelievable ..................

Comment

Balla (1/4/2007)You say FACT ?

ppl are employed in political and government offices to deal specifically with press/media issues, they spend a great deal of time monitoring the news , talks shows , reading the papers the internet - do you think they keep information they find pertinent to themselves? and to whose benefit ultimately you think they undertake these task?

You are unbelievable ..................
                        Yes Balla ... FACT!! Maybe those people need to be replaced. If unuh listen to Real Business and cheer leader Ronnie Thwaites. Ralston Hyman of Real Business writes a weekly column in the Sunday Herald, the disadvantage with that paper is that a reader cannot access the column once the new edition has been uploaded. The Observer business section and the Gleaner business section .... all these channels have mentioned the improvement in the economy.

So again. Portia is lying!

Comment

Lazie, a very close colleague of mine does a news magazine six days a week that he emails to all leaders in CARICOM- he is up at 4am each day and does the news letter that he then emails by 6:00am...mayeb this is where Portia gets her news from...
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Balla: Sorry to hear about your Uncle!

Keep strong, boss!

--------

...and, on another note - Yuh dun knoPortia is being counted out by some in... of the media...but, my thoughts are shewill prove (...that in effect means she is...) a much better leader than they think.

On seeing the report Lazie so gleefully jumps over I am thinking....mmmm?....Portia is settingthe stage to roll out all themajor and perhaps not so 'major' deeds/projects done since she took over these few short months past.

Could we be in for an election strategy that includes - names of projects, dollars spent and our people reaped? Just a little rreminder of the state of 'money in circulation, number of persons who are employed in these new projects...benefits that accrue and or will accrue to the country and its people? ...etc., etc?

I think we shall see the results of the mind of 'master' thinker! I drove through on the North and South Coast of the island and I saw tremendous construction activity. I work in Real Estate and the allied field ofresidential and commercial lending...I knowI saw multi-billions of dollars worth of construction activity...that circulation of 'dunny' must be tremendolus. Now ifsimilarconstruction activity is occuring in theinner portions of the island...'dunny' a run!People lives would be and are are beingimpacted!

We have just read that Modda P has started to pump funds into health and education...

...now if only Modda P wraps her mind around the 'crime situation'?!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

:yawn: From we deh a di picnic inna August mi hear you a promote that crap. Pity is not you alone fall fi the same 3 cyaad trick. As mi say, democracy without education is damn useless and you just prove that once more.

Lazie jumped at nothing! Portia cuss the media for not making the public aware of what is happening ..... as the editorial pointed out .. if she ignore the local media, how the fornication she gonna know. You and Balla and twist and shout all unuh want, she's lying.

Comment

Working...
                              X