X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Mary politician shot dead in Mandeville

St Mary politician shot dead in Mandeville
    2010-08-07 00:14:09 | (0 Comments)

The police have confirmed that former People's National Party (PNP) Western St Mary Member of Parliament Dr Neil McGill has been shot dead in Hillside, Manchester, Jamaica.

The police say Dr McGill was killed around 9 p.m Friday in the community popularly called Vietnam, which is about three miles south of the Northern Caribbean University.

The circumstances of the murder are not immediately clear, but the police say robbery does not appear to be the motive at this stage.

When investigators rushed to the scene shortly after the shooting, they found Dr McGill seated around the steering of his car with his engine still running.

They say it appeared that Dr McGill had just stopped his car when he was pounced upon by his attacker who fired a shot hitting him in the chest, killing him on the spot.

Investigators are at this hour trying to determine whether Dr McGill was alone at the time of the attack.

Dr McNiel unsuccessfully ran for the PNP against the Jamaica Labour Party Central Clarendon MP Mike Henry in the 2007 general election.

WHO WAS NEIL MCGILL?

Profession: Medical Doctor

Political Membership:
    Chairman, Western St. Mary Constituency 1999-2006.
    Member of Parliament, Western St. Mary 2002-2007;
    Chairman – Central Clarendon since December 2006.
    Served on many important Parliamentary Committees - the Public Accounts; Infrastructural and Development; Anti-Terrorism; Incest and Offence against the Person, Reparation (compensation for slavery) et al.
    Served as the Caribbean Representative in Commonwealth Parliamentary Association on HIV/AIDS, Jamaican Representative on Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Committee on Environment.
    Represented Parliament in India, Canada, UK and Fiji

Marital Status: Married

Previous Occupation: Businessman

Education : U.W.I.

Birthdate : Tuesday, 18 July 1950

Source: People’s National Party Website

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Chickens come home to roost.

Maybe if more politicians get killed, they will start to be proactive about crime.

Comment

A whe de $#@@!?

Comment

What chickens?

Comment

The Miss knows as much of the circumstances of this crime as she does of Jamaica's circumstances.....

i.e. what she reads online
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Oh boy.

Comment

I don't know the circumstances...just another life blown away....I met the man sm years ago...I know sm of his family from May Pen.... very decent people...old school....he seemed like a quiet person....decent..probably shouldn't have been in politics. May his soul rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                I don't know the circumstances...just another life blown away....I met the man sm years ago...I know sm of his family from May Pen.... very decent people...old school....he seemed like a quiet person....decent..probably shouldn't have been in politics. May his soul rest in peace.
                yeah RIP...

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

and you do?

I am sure she used that term only because the Dr.is a politician. I don't think she was professing any knowledge of the crime.

Rip Dr.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    and you do?

I am sure she used that term only because the Dr.is a politician. I don't think she was professing any knowledge of the crime.

Rip Dr.
                    and I do...what?

Comment

know about the circumstance of the man's death.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        know about the circumstance of the man's death.
                        Don't know where that came from because I never claimed to know..... nor did I have any value judgment on the killing like a certain Missus to to whose cause you rallied...

Comment

Well he was part of the JLPNP.. so...

Comment

Have you EVER seen anything in Jamaica other than party politics colour??? Ah bway..nothing has changed eh? That's why mi cyan bother with unnu....a ************************ man get shat and all unnu see is politics. Same ting couple weeks ago.
                            Anyhow mi see yu boss gaan a Colombia....what is their #1 export again?

Comment

Huh ?

I could have sworn the article said he was a politician.. a member of the Tribal Movement.

Don1's feelings on the matter are a matter of 'public record'.

Curious if he felt conflicted.

Is what stone lick yuh ?

Comment

Working...
                              X