If I laff I pop up to rhatid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I laff I pop up to rhatid

"Fried fish and bammy are always available at 'Border' - the popular roadside eatery located at the border of Westmoreland and St Elizabeth. The only difference this summer is that there should be lots more to have. The vendors are overly aggressive, but they don't mean to harm you"

This is taken from an article on Hospitality Jamaica. Them nuh mean fi harm them just accidentally do? How good is this for business? I know we have spoken about this place on the forum before.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Yeah very poor language to use. I am sure they mean "they won't harm you".
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

But even then it shows the aggression that the people have. It makes you think twice before stopping.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

happened to me and family at faith's pen... and before you knew it mi spend $4,000 JA ..about $3,000 more than I expected to... talk about ambush marketing.

Bottom line is I will take a different approach next time.. that is , if there is a next time.
        Peter R

Comment

It's a place I have frequently stopped for a fish-tea and fried red snapper.

I was with my secretary the last time and she was taken aback by the aggressive approach.

It's not going to change.....

The solution is to just pick one person from the flock--and send the others on their way.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I thought it was this that give you joke... it's not funny to NOT be paid but... a "two time duppy...." see for yourself, esp sec 37-38...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh3nv...ature=youtu.be
            Peter R

Comment

I seriously have problems with four or five people shoving platters of fish and bammies in my face when I am spending my money.

While I understand they all want to make a sale, i dont need to be assaulted either.

There must be another way to do this but alas I doubt anyone will succeed in teaching this to anyone either at border or anywhere else where these vendors gather.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

I have a big problem with that too. I can't tolerate the aggressiveness when I'm spending my hard earned money.
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                X