RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting... the behavior of nation builders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting... the behavior of nation builders...

The Behavior of Nation Builders

What does it mean to be a Jamaican, what does it mean when a Jamaican say things like “Jamaica have never done anything for me”? I have heard Jamaicans say, that by moving overseas they have achieved things that would never have been possible if they had remained in Jamaica. A statement that would only make sense if the individual had lived and worked in Jamaica for a period of time and after not achieving his or her goals decided to pack it all in and leave. The fact is most of the people saying these things migrated very early in life, some having never worked a day in Jamaica, never actually tried to progress, never contributed anything to the Jamaica society and yet Jamaica should guarantee them a better life.

A country, any country, this country is only as good as its people, so in order to understand the problems Jamaica faces one must first understand her people, the way they think and their relationship to their country, do they see themselves as part of the nation building process.

http://home.earthlink.net/~inmyownwords/id21.html
    Last edited by Baddaz; July 5, 2010, 07:13 PM.
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

cho ! dem a jokah.

Jamaica nice like wow !

If not fi di PNP.. wi woulda haffi tun people wheh.

Comment

i actually liked the article... it speaks to some people i know... in fact, there is a friend of mine who speaks negatively about jamaica at every opportunity... in the 10 yrs i've known him, i have never heard him say one thing positive about jamaica... i sent him this paarticular passage, along with the link to the entire article...

What I do despise is the person who leaves only to turn around and attack my Jamaica with utter contempt after never contributing a day to its development, never giving back, never even tried. It is as if we were born with the notion that one can never achieve anything if one is a Jamaican living in Jamaica. For the most part the person you are now is has a result of Jamaica’s investment in you but we were engineered to devalue that investment. Some of you have achieved in spite of hardship in Jamaica but for the most part most of us were given a successful start in life that enabled us to move on and build on that start.
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

suh hl nuh ansa yuh yet?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Fiyaaaaaaaaah: This author must be talking about the policies in the 70s by Joshua because in the 80s the policies were reversed and the young of today are asking all kinds of questions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOkY...eature=related. The people of ja did not have quality education hence it was easy to fool them that communism wa coming to Ja. Which communist country is encouraging its populace to own business and start cooperatives for export?

Let's move to the 80s: Many young saw their parents toiling day in day out without any results (giving their more to recieve their less). How come a person that is doing sewing in school in Ja move to the US to hold a Phd. in Microbiology? (granted any breakthrough, only the elite will be able fly to the states in order to benefit) I know someone that couldn't make life in Ja came to the states; worked and bought a house in Florida, one in Ja (plus one whey she live in the US), did her GED and now about to recieve her LPN and is near 60. In Ja if you are 40 years of age you are told that you are too old not to try and even enter Nursing school (in short you are no good cause yuh neva dweet when yuh yung) Badone who wants to exist in such a repressive society?

The policies in the US at present allows for more opportunity fo those who desire it. It's easy to conclude that maybe the lady selling mangoes on the streets of JA has the solution to Ja's economic woes, the man selling Jelly coconut could be easily be a software engineer (then again they would take it away from him in Ja) and the list goes on.
          Look at Tappa (Ja's best football player to date)? The many derogatory things that was said about him on coaching Ja (all because he did not attend one of the colonial outposts in Ja). JA is a slavery society and until the slavery policies are removed the people will always run to seek future for their children.

Two sides to a story.
          Bless.

Comment

Yuh left out di 90' and di 00's..

lol !

Comment

Hungary& Jugoslavia...just to name 2.

You say the communinst thing was a red herring, but at the same time praising the US to the hilt. Well sir, IT'S THE US that said we were going communist!

You cant have it both ways.

Comment

What JA needs is for people to demand better, just as they are now demanding that we clean up the criminal garrisons.

The problem is that in the past we either ignored, oppressed or plain murdered nation builders. Mek we face the truth head on.

Comment

Quite surprised that this post did not get more traction.......................................... ...........

A well thought out submission King Jawge!!
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    Hungary& Jugoslavia...just to name 2.

You say the communinst thing was a red herring, but at the same time praising the US to the hilt. Well sir, IT'S THE US that said we were going communist!

You cant have it both ways.
                    the fellow is confused...about 75% or so...he's correct about the colonial mentality afflicting us but his prescriptions lack coherence and good sense.

His solution is to allow US/Babylon to dictate to Jamaica with whatever they want...more unfettered colonialism to ****************!.

A confused if well meaning young man
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Good talk, sah!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

A nuff a dem deh a foreign hurt mi heart fi hear dem, but weh fi duh mi call dem gladys nevah si come si. Mi nah lef out mi yard kah ah deh suh mi love an every place hab its negativity. A bet dem nevah seh nutten bad bout di country weh him live inna, ebrybody else ah wicked but if yuh check it out, not eben need nuh whole heap research yuh si who ah di sheep inna wolf clothing.

Comment

a wha dat yuh jus' seh?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

BTW, Tappa is one of the best coaches we have had!

I would keep him as coach and J Barnes as Manager, so that he can rep us abroad and get practise matches for us, using his profile. JB and Tappa work well together.

Comment

May this article temper the behaviour and words of some of our posters.

It's good to be back home!
                              Last edited by Mosiah; July 7, 2010, 10:57 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X