I saw a can of Ackee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw a can of Ackee

in the Korean store today. I ask the man in the store what was the price the man said $20.00 and laugh. I ask him if people buying ackee for that price he said yes them selling.

There have to be a cut off point as I will never buy it for that price. Mi can't believe mi eye.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

RE: I saw a can of Ackee

My brother was in New York recently and said he saw a brand of ackee that was packaged in Haiti. He was quite upset about it as according to him, Haitians do not eat ackees so how are they selling it.

Personally, I think it is too damn expensive.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

you see Tilla that is the problem. We sit down pon the production of these stuff and at $10.00 a can somebody else going to enter the market and produce it cheaper and so soon or later we get left. Jamaican Yam is about 2.00 a lb while Brazillian Yam is $1.00 a pound inna the same store.

At $20.00 a can there should be no more incentive for Jamaican to produce? It seems like the middleman a eat all the money because the farmers are not thrilled at growing more Ackee.

Did you realise that coffee a the third highest commodity on the world Market? Ok we don't have oil but we have a lot more to offer than even many European countries and we should take advantage or others are going to.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

At $20 a tin - that is MEDICINE - me nah eat it!!
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

hehehehee

MadamX...yuh too story.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I have two tins in my cupboard bout three months now but since I also have a ackee tree in my yard I dont need it, want them?
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

How you say you nuh tek bribe

and you know a one mi a come wid now

talk to me, mi longing fi some ackee bad.

Comment

di way my friends dem a complain bout di ackee price dem , it look like is dat i have to bring up when i travel next time. forget the rum and tastee patty!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When you a come?

You can carry up a package fi mi.

Before you start a just some frozen ackee and some ciruseee

Comment

Mo - bring me a CASE when yuh coming(N)
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

:w00t:

I will try to remember!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (1/3/2007):w00t:

I will try to remember!
                        Mo don't follow dem people! Is lock dem trying to get yu lock up! You done know seh dat Ackee is deh pon Bush's terrorist watch list! Is whatMdmeX wan' do yuh? Sen' yu go a guantanamo? - T.K.
                        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

so wha happen to me

a just one small likkle package with Can Ackee and ciraseee

Comment

Working...
                          X