Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free us from Slavery

THE EDITOR, Sir:
    JAMAICANS LIVING in areas like Cherry Gardens have no idea what it feels like living under captivity. They blame all the people of Tivoli Gardens and other low-income areas for the nation's high crime rate and other ills.

However, they have never walked in our shoes. Just think about living in a community where your daughter is required to enter into a relationship with the don or your son is required to become part of his 'army'.

For years, as a law-abiding citizen of Arnett Gardens, I have witnessed the folly of many our politicians. Take, for instance, when one analyses Dr Philips' political talk against the current prime minister and Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) you have to ask yourself, what did the People's National Party do after 18 years in power to fight crime?

The truth is that while the prime minister was wrong in defending Christopher 'Dudus' Coke, the current situation represents the change that the nation wants. Let's big up the JLP for the job done with the economy, the Jamaica dollar is getting stronger and interest rate is the lowest I have ever seen in my lifetime. However, we the law-abiding residents of Arnett Gardens urge the Government to move full speed ahead with its crime plan.

We thank the Government for freeing the people of Tivoli Gardens. Now, we appeal for you to do the same thing for Arnett Gardens, Jones Town, Maxfield Avenue, etc. Please, free us from don slavery!

I am, etc.,
    NAME WITHHELD
    Kingston 13
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Without commenting on the political side of the article, i want to point out that I prefer this talk to that of the recent Lloyd B Smith whinging.

Yeah we know some non-black Jamaicans have superiority complexes, but how do we move forward? What are the next steps to be proposed to address this dysfunctional situation.

I like what this guy is saying. In order for black Jamaicans to gain confidence and take their rightful place in society, we need to free the people at the lower rungs of the ladder from modern day slavery...because that is what it is.

While Lloyd is busy feeling slighted at cocktail parties....REAL Jamaican Black people have to survive in garrisons. A dyam disgrace and a waste of valuable human potential. Most think that people eat bud fedda at these cocktail parties, because this is sooo far out of their reach that they cant even conceive of ever attending such an event in this life.

I recall being in Ochi like 20 years ago (at Rennaisance Hotel for the day, not as a guest)and an ordinary gentleman was at the gate asking for info. I suggested that he enter and ask someone at reception for the answer and he politely declined. It suddenly occured to me that he was intimidated to enter as he thought he would get in trouble or be buillied by security....AS HE WOULD BE PASSING HIS PLACE JUST TO EVEN ENTER THE COMPOUND.

Living in ghettos or deprived conditions suck our people of basic confidence and feelings of self worth.

Comment

A lie she a tell. Arnett free. Them nuh have no Don down deh.

This yah person nuh live a nuh Kingston 13 address.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        Living in ghettos or deprived conditions suck our people of basic confidence and feelings of self worth.
        ==============================================

Dat is why some go the bleaching route in their quest for acceptance!
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
        X