RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob inducted in Songwriters Hall of Fame....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah well every genre goes through there ups and down. A few years ago it couldn't be any higher when Sean Paul, Shaggy and Wayne Wonder were amongst the biggest grossing songs worldwide. It is still not dying, like most other music form going through a decline right now.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh cuddah deal ...reggae is in decline...even to the point of eediat artists being banned left right & center and unable to tour effectively

This is a bonafide crisis that you're trying to dress up...nonsense

Yuh fi wuk ah JIS
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

as usual your sensationalism. Tell me a genre that is not in decline right now, well maybe excepte hip hip and even then their music sales has dropped.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Music sales is a different ting, that is due to piracy and affects all music forms. Says nothing about the popularity or quality of the music.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

But it also affect Reggae says as well, no? Don't that add to the decline.

As far as I know there are still as many huge reggae festivals throughout the world and maybe even more than 10 years ago. Is Sean Kingston also considered Reggae?

You have to be careful how you count the decline. Is the decline the big Dancehall act out of Kingston? Germany and many places in Europe have vibrant reggae schene and even artists like Gentleman. Even a few Isreali artist doing reggae. Japan have their own reggae acts and the list goes on. Many R&B acts doing Reggae. The girl out of Philli had a big hit last year, Even Mary J Blige just recorded with Jah Cure, Naz and others. Country and Western Kenny Chesney recored a major hit with the wailers.

Reggae might not be big for the dancehall artists been rotated in Jamaica currently but Spear, Berres, Jimmy Cliff and many others have no problem with sell out tours anywhere. Festivals are still going on people are just rethinking the acts they include.

Comment

spin away

we can agree to disagree
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
              X