I don't know if the massive heard this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if the massive heard this

but "mi hear say" (might as well mi join to) that the deportees won their case in the supreme court. It was decreed that if you do the time in the states you can't be deported (seeing that you had no record in JA) In short it was against the law to put people in prison then deport them. Now all those deported under those circumstances are to be allowed to return to the states. Gamma if yuh hear or know nutten please feel free to add or critique.

RE: I don't know if the massive heard this

I would have to see this first.

Nothing can't go so Jawge.

You don't even have to be charged with a crime fi immigration deport you.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

..that argument sound like rum bar discussion when mandrink too much of the cane extract!
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Actually it was on the news here this week or last week, cant recall when, but not sure if it was a court case or a law passed by the US Congress.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

It was the Supreme Court.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

what was the acutal ruling?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"immigrantscannot be subject to mandatory deportation for a drug crime that is a felony in the state where it was committed but is only a misdemeanor under federal law"

Check out this story!

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...3384&rfi=6
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Welcome to the rum bar, aah boy.

Comment

Jawge (12/22/2006)Welcome to the rum bar, aah boy.
                  Actually, Mdmex is right. You really think this is going to happen? "Now all those deported under those circumstances are to be allowed to return to the states."

Comment

Jawge did you see this part?

My guess is those are facts specific to his case," he said. "It may part of the court order or an agreement drawn up between the INS and the defendant if he is acquitted... or if the Supreme Court says so. Generally speaking, I do not believe this is going to afford any relief to people who are already gone."

no way they going to let people re-enter. I knew that some state fellony will not be federal but them nah let in one single person back.

Comment

What about those that came to the states

since two and three years of age? (Granted they were deported illegally). The most I can say to the deportees if you do come back : Things have changed alot, do not be envious because many have worked hard (put up with a lot of ****e) saved, invested and is now reaping a little. Please note that the laws in NY have changed; if caught with an illegalfirearm the minimum time is three years. Mi know some you are already trying to come back :P Nanny P how yuh feel woooeee.

Comment

Jawge them NAH COME BACK.

there is no law that say if you are deported for a crime they will let you enter again. If a man or woman lucky after putting their life togather after 5 or 10 years they stand the chance of a camel through the eye of a needle.

Comment

Sass yuh nuh know no

deportee? Every Jamaican know at least one dippy. point is some were deported because of misdemeanors done 18 years ago (caught with a spliff). They have led a law abiding life since. Sass ah nuh all some can come back. Why yuh ah lick out gainst di deportee dem so boss?

Comment

Mi nah lick out against them. I am just be realistic. Most deportees who come back here are not legal. I am just saying this uncle Sam system don't give chances like that. ICE have so many power once you in their system.

Comment

Sass what is ICE?

Comment

Working...
                              X