Audley Shaw wants waste Conversion Fast Tracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audley Shaw wants waste Conversion Fast Tracked

Minister of Finance and the Public Service, Hon Audley Shaw, has suggested that new technologies be utilised to convert waste material into energy, to support development and growth in Jamaica.

The Minister, who was speaking at the National Solid Waste Management Authority's (NSWMA) awards function on Friday (June 4) at the Courtleigh Auditorium, New Kingston, noted that Jamaica has been speaking about converting waste into energy for too long, and needed to become more proactive about it.

"How many investors have passed through our doors with plans for the conversion of waste to energy but, for whatever reason, we have not seen any of these investment come to light. We are going to have to ensure that we get the investment going in Jamaica," Mr. Shaw insisted.

He said that, for example, the country could not continue to have bags of solid waste from each house undifferentiated for disposal.

"We have to have one bag with recyclable material, and we have to have another bag with regular solid waste," he explained, noting that many other countries have been doing that for a long time, and are doing it according to law.

"So I am sending the signal that I am going to be pushing the Government to quickly begin to pass the laws," he said.

He urged the NSWMA to help the process by making sure that they put the technological capacity in place, quickly, so that when the laws are passed they can support.

"The excellence that you are demonstrating at the National Solid Waste and Management Authority must continue. New areas of technology must be introduced and introduced quickly," Mr. Shaw said.

The Finance Minister commended the MSWMA workers for the work they have been doing in keeping the country clean.

"I want to commend every one of you. Everyone understands his or her role and understands the importance of the role in respect of being a part of the total picture," Mr. Shaw said.

Director General, Local Government Department, Office of the Prime Minister (OPM), Major Richard Reese also commended the workers for the job they have been doing.

He said that it was evident that along main road corridors and, in fact, across Jamaica, "we enjoy excellent public cleansing and beautification services".

Since its inception, the NSWMA has been serving Jamaicans by providing solid waste management services to the safeguard public health, while helping to create an environment for all to enjoy and preserve.

http://www.jis.gov.jm/finance_planni...T_TRACKED_.asp
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

great! start with converting Bruised Gelding into an ex-prime minister

throw the garbage out...say when the SOE is over
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I thought you wanted Bruce to stay?

Anyway regarding the article, good news!

Comment

Originally posted by MissLondon View Post
        I thought you wanted Bruce to stay?

Anyway regarding the article, good news!
        to me he can stay for the moment...as long as there is forward momentum in the anti-crime drive

However the guy is so corrupted and diseased that he should not and cannot effectively represent Jamaica

He should be forced out after the SOE imho...surely the JLP has someone "relatively" clean who can take over
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Oh ok! Fair enough!

Comment

my thoughts exactly!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X