X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best thing happen to Tivoli

The best thing happen to Tivoli

Published: Monday | June 7, 2010 0 Comments and 0 Reactions

A team of workers from the Social Development Commission toured Tivoli Gardens last week. - Norman Grindley/Chief Photographer

THE EDITOR, Sir: I AM an elderly person who has lived in west Kingston all my life, and what I see happening is, to me, the best thing. This should have happened a long time ago. I had a family member who thugs killed right in front of me, and I could not do anything. I have to take one day at a time.

They are wicked and blaming everything on the security forces, but the thugs must be blamed too. They used bottle bombs and burnt Coronation market after looting it, and that is where they get food. If experts do tests, they will find that it is not the security forces who set the market on fire.

They should have gotten rid of the Coke family members a long time ago because they are too wicked. They must go away and let the security forces control the place. The thugs go around killing people like they are God. Things must change everywhere and no don should be running the country.

Get the guns
    They are blaming Prime Minister Bruce Golding for sending in the security forces; it is the best thing he did. The public defender is talking but he doesn't know anything - there are a lot of guns down there. So they must get rid of the guns in Tivoli and Denham Town. It's because the people do not trust the police why they don't tell them where the guns are.

Soldiers did not kill all the people who died. Thugs killed some of them. Such things should be told to those who claim ignorance. Thugs must stop killing people and go away.

I am, etc;
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Why she neva sign it?

Comment

That would just about invalidate her whole letter, no?
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

for fear that the thugs read the newspaper?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          Why she neva sign it?

Sign it, so the thugs can come rape and murder har
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

I think her name is PeNeloPe.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X