Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was dark

Comment

I may have heard of one in Matches Lane. Grants Pen? No, but I wouldn't put it pass any of them.

Tivoli is not being razed to be divisive. It is being demolished to allow for better housing for the residents and compliance with functioning infrastructure, like sewage and water. Utilities is also a major issue.

It is also important to recondition the minds of the residents. To put them all back in one community, a closed up community as TG was, would not be a good thing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If you and Ben eva safe all the more reason to relocate. Money can mek. Ben coulda co-starthe video.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          you never hear the same thing bout Arnett yet?

People living there use to tell me about this in the late 1970s. It is a model that has been used not only in Tivoli. Remember what they took Zeeks in for and the two bodies that were dumped?
          I'm sure we'll hear that Tawes Pen have dem, and Norwood and all over the place. No, Sass, never heard of torture chambers in Arnett Gardens and I practically live there. (But so also did the women who deny their existence in TG!) And even if it existed in Matches Lane, consider the size difference of the two places!

These communities kill people all the while. The difference is most of them acknowledge that they do, and police and the press could come in and investigate. Not so for TG! We have long heard that it was the safest place in all Jamaica! No media person coud go looking around and asking questions. Time for us to acknowledge the dofference.

That is not to say that the other areas should not be brought within the laws of the land, but to act as if Arnett was the same as TG is just flat out dishonest and disingenuous!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

there has been a lot of rumours of this kind of chamber since the 70s, not only in Tivoli but in other places as well. I can clearly remember as a youth visiting certain places and hearing the stories. We need to get to all of them.

Betty Ann Blaine wrote an article in which she spoke to women and children in some of the garrisons and they explained the discipline meted out to those who did not "tow" the line.

It ain't pretty. One woman even commented that she had to send her daughter out of the community to live elsewhere, but she couldn't make that be known, so she reported the child as missing.

How the hell can people live like that.
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
              after seeing the torture chambers and shallow graves, i am convinced that tivoli gardens should be demolished and the people relocated...

that place will exist in infamy... a decisive break from its ugly, wretched and evil past is needed... provide the new generation an opportunity free from the strangulation of the area's sordid reputation...
              It the people not the buildings that is the problem. Why waste the infrastructure investment that is there already? Also if you want to move them out them you have an obligation to find housing for these people.

If you don't want any poor people living in the business district then you would have to build some free houses in another parish, move them out, jack up the property tax in Kingston so that only rich people can live there.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I used to visit Arnett right up to the election of 1980. My uncle use to live there and it was a open secret about this kind of open court system. Then I used to laugh about it as a kid and tell my friends in the country that I am hearing.

Arnett might not be no Tivoli but it is not a whole lot better when it comes to garrsion, jungle justice and the amount of don and gunman. Tivoli maybe more organize yes but don't act suprise like many of the things that happen in Tivoli don't happen there.

I can tell you when he moved to Licoln road he had to take time and move his stuff. He had to leave some of his stuff as he JUST couldn't move out because he wanted to.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

there has been a lot of rumours of this kind of chamber since the 70s, not only in Tivoli but in other places as well. I can clearly remember as a youth visiting certain places and hearing the stories. We need to get to all of them.
                  The first set of torture that I heard of as told to me by a Tivolite was "Claudie" Massop's infamous having of a 'wrong doer' run around the quadrangle with a block of ice on the head until he dropped.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

what infrastructure?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ok! pointless to argue about degrees. we all dun know who was the mother of them all.

let's clean them all up!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Let's clean them all up.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          I'm sure we'll hear that Tawes Pen have dem, and Norwood and all over the place. No, Sass, never heard of torture chambers in Arnett Gardens and I practically live there. (But so also did the women who deny their existence in TG!) And even if it existed in Matches Lane, consider the size difference of the two places!

These communities kill people all the while. The difference is most of them acknowledge that they do, and police and the press could come in and investigate. Not so for TG! We have long heard that it was the safest place in all Jamaica! No media person coud go looking around and asking questions. Time for us to acknowledge the dofference.

That is not to say that the other areas should not be brought within the laws of the land, but to act as if Arnett was the same as TG is just flat out dishonest and disingenuous!
                          The Labourite apologists are very embarrassed ...but they continue to fight the PR battle over their tarnished image.
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

While the PNP apologists see no evil and hear no evil.

Leggo Pang, Leggo Dahnai, Silveria is no criminal and the only chambers are in Tivoli.

Keep on doing unnu job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              what infrastructure?!?
                              The concrete buildings, water pipes, sewer pipes electrical lines etc. I must admit that I was surprized to see the condition of the roads and the paintwork on the buildings because I thought that the Government and Dudus was keeping the place well maintained.
                              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Dat coming and more...

Drivah.. don't stap atall !

Comment

Working...
                                X