I’m not a criminal – Silvera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m not a criminal – Silvera

At least one of the persons who the police have asked to come in for questioning in relation to their possible connection to criminality is claiming ignorance.

The Police High Command said the appeal was being made as the security forces embark on another phase of their offensive on crime.

Rohan Silvera, who is named on a new list as one of the 25 persons in whom the police have an interest, says he is innocent.

Mr. Silvera ran on the Oppositions’ People's National Party (PNP) ticket in the Central St. Catherine seat against the Jamaica Labour Party's Olivia "Babsy" Grange in the last general election.

However, the police say Mr. Silvera is connected to the cash for gold scheme operating in Spanish Town, St. Catherine.

According to Mr. Silvera, who spoke with RJR News Friday morning, his involvement in the cash for gold business is long over.

He also denied any involvement in criminality.

Mr. Silvera said he is seeking legal advice.

“I was surprised because firstly I’m not linked to the Clansman Gang secondly, I’m not dealing in the cash for gold scheme nor am I a criminal mastermind, so I’m not certain if it’s me Rohan Dwight Silvera or another Rohan Silvera (the police are looking for). I’ve asked my attorney, Linton Walters, to check on it and see what it’s about and if it’s anything, I’m going to go in myself and find out what is it the police are saying,’ he said.

Several others being sought

Also on the new police list is East Kingston businessman Danhai Williams.

The High Command appealed to the two and 23 other persons believed to be affiliated with criminal gangs to turn themselves in at any police station.

The police are also seeking Western Kingston residents Orlando "Ochoy" O’Gilvie, Newton McLeod otherwise called Harold McLeod and "Harry Dog", Danny Banton as well as David Heron also known as “Reagie.”

In addition to Mr. Williams, two other persons of interest from East Kingston are being asked to report to the police.

They are Kevin Bryan and Michael Murray who is also known as “Bissi.”

Other persons said to be members of the West Stinger's Gang based in the Maxfield Avenue area as well as the New World Order, Cassie Allo, One Order and Clansman Gangs are also being asked to turn themselves in.

The police are also seeking other persons in volatile communities in Rema and Central Kingston.

Cooperating fully with the police

In the meantime, the PNP says arrangements are being made for Mr. Silvera to turn himself in to the police.

According to Julian Robinson, PNP Deputy General Secretary, Mr. Silvera has spoken with his attorney and is cooperating fully with the police.

“Mr. Silvera has been in touch with his attorney who has been in touch with the police and arrangements have been made for him to go in to the police and conduct an interview,” he said.

http://news.radiojamaica.com/i%E2%80...%80%93-silvera
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Nothing more than a PR stunt by the government, tun in miself fi yah ? dem wanted ? 2nd dem nuh know whey mi live or rest , mi nuh see dem everyday ?

George phang and damani must be laughing .Dem nuh know whey pahng studio deh or Damani bizniz deh ?

What is the bloody relevance of this ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

PR like you say...grandstanding?

Comment

When you say the Govt... do you mean the Police ???

Comment

Who takes credit for it ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

So them tek credit for searching Mckenzie and Ms. Knight house too?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Who takes credit for what ?

Taking certain people in ?

Comment

Politricks yuh tek credit fi every percieved good action , even if it results in no action , what does Mckenzie and Knight have to do with it are they special ? if it mean im mumma fi get a vote she a get search to.

kiss teeth!

Comment

Boss yuh a nuh di chess master yuh nuh si di move?

Comment

Mi ?

Bruce ah di Chess Mastah.. mi juss ah watch and learn..

Comment

I hope he delivers for the sake of the nation , it will only energise the PNP to come betta ! if im cant im out fi life !

The political price , a suh im set it ! checkmate

Comment

Uhhm disrupt communication during the operation maybe?

Comment

Well it goes to show that Pang and Williams are not special either. Left the police mek them call who them want call.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

membah, any P miss P, mr P, uncle P; wi done know seh ah jus labourite alone a di evil one, suh not eben try di media ting.

Comment

Working...
                            X