Lazie this one is for you; Do you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie this one is for you; Do you

think Ja will have boom (based on reports) in tourism this year? Also will Mobay enjoy a lionshare of this boom. please provide a detailed answer. Thanks.

RE: Lazie this one is for you; Do you

Jawge (12/21/2006)think Ja will have boom (based on reports) in tourism this year? Also will Mobay enjoy a lionshare of this boom. please provide a detailed answer. Thanks.
    Detailed answer? Why? All the data points that we will be having record arrivals this year. If that is the boom you're talking about .. then ... yes. So there is no need for much detail.

will Mobay enjoy a lionshare of this boom
    I don't know, I have not seen any of the projections. I think ... hope it will be evenly distributed to all the tourist areas i.e., St. Mary, St. Ann, Trelawny ..... all the way to Westmoreland. The current situation in Mobay may cause a problem.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You do realise that if the

"current situation" of which you speak affects Mobay then all the resorts on the north coast will be affected also. Did you know that all tourist for the north coast disembark from Sangster's INT'L? Do you know where flankers is located? I wish to hear your response. Thanks.

Comment

Suh yuh admitting there is a problem in Mobay? This kinda awkward as mi and you rarely agree on the time of day.

Of course it will affect the entire north coast. But if the roads aren't blocked then hotel chains like Sandals and Superclubs can find ways to get their tourists to St. Ann or Westmoreland causing Mobay to be left in the hole.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie I am assuming that you see and read the

news (rise in crime around mobay) What you must understand is this: the crimes do not actually have to take place in Mobay proper, once it hits the INT'L media that's it for tourism. "Quadruple murder in flankers a community on the outskirts of mobay.......". I then notice that crime flared up in Westmoreland (where is negril located again)so where is next Lazie? Don't think that Mobay will be engulfed in crime and the rest of resorts will run free. Mobay is the heart and if you damage the heart......... there goes one of the principal foreign exchange earners (plus or brand as tourist destination). Don't be too happy just yet.

Comment

Last year there were 1476 murders, yet this year there will be record arrivals. Now you see the benefit of the AIs? What yuh must be more concerned about is what is happening to the people living in areas like Flankers. Tourists come fi an average of 7 days memba that.

Comment

Working...
            X