Good. Lazie think you say protest nuh stop nothing in JA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good. Lazie think you say protest nuh stop nothing in JA

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=news_byline>No prospecting in Cockpit Country just yet, says <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 600; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">Agriculture</SPAN> Minister</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 9px"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_summary><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellPadding=0 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SPAN class=news_summary><SPAN>Wednesday Agriculture Minister Roger <SPAN id=clicksor_sp_clarke &#111;nmouseover='return ClxLaD("clarke",event)' &#111;nmouseout='ClxTMo("clarke")'>Clarke</SPAN> sought to reassure environmentalists and other interest groups that no prospecting would be allowed in the Cockpit Country and its environs until the boundaries of the area had been settled. </SPAN></SPAN>

<SPAN class=news_body>The decision came out of a meeting involving a delegation from the Cockpit Country Stakeholders Group and the <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">Jamaica</SPAN> Environmental Advocacy Network.

<SPAN>Questioned whether the licence suspension remained in effect, <SPAN id="clicksor_sp_minister clarke" &#111;nmouseover='return ClxLaD("minister clarke",event)' &#111;nmouseout='ClxTMo("minister clarke")'>Minister Clarke</SPAN> explained there were some </SPAN><A class=kLink oncontextmenu="return false;" id=KonaLink2 &#111;nmouseover=adlinkMouseOver(event,this,2); style="POSITION: static; TEXT-DECORATION: underline! important" &#111;nc
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

RE: Good. Lazie think you say protest nuh stop nothing in JA

It only endorses my point about the people

being able to impose their will on the ruling party/govt.

Comment

A high society people when a cry out about this. If it was something affecting the human rights of some likke **** ... not a damn thing would change.

Actually, Roger Clarke was cornered. He was on Perkins Online when an evvironmentalist called it. After the back and forth, Roger backed off.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Jawge (12/21/2006)It only endorses my point about the people being able to impose their will on the ruling party/govt.
        You never seize to amaze me. The gov't is not there just to serve the comrades, they're there to serve the PEOPLE OF JAMAICA! What suh hard in that if comprehend? Oh ... is Jawge.

Yuh never see gov'ts in real world country step back because of the people's outcry?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, that is exactly my point:

regardless of who you are, you can impose your will. Now on the subject of "real world govt"; you were the one saying that the present govt. is not real world. try not to confuse yourself Lazie.BTW did the JLP come against the mining in the cockpit countryt? You don't have to answer if you don't know. Thanks.

Comment

Jawge (12/21/2006)Lazie, that is exactly my point:

regardless of who you are, you can impose your will. Now on the subject of "real world govt"; you were the one saying that the present govt. is not real world. try not to confuse yourself Lazie.BTW did the JLP come against the mining in the cockpit countryt? You don't have to answer if you don't know. Thanks.
            Are we talking about the same Jamaica? How often you see the Jamaican gov't listen to anybody but themselves? Just because they did this doesn't make them real world. Suh don't get frighten.

I do not know if the JLP said anything about the issue. A sociologist / environmentalist Peter Espuet wrote an article that the JLP isn't green. Maybe he is right.

Comment

Do you understand the implications of

your party not intersted on bit in the environment? Follow up: I wonder if the people could demonstrate and get the JLP to back down off mining the cockpit country? (just a thought).

Comment

My party? Again, I do not know if they said anything about it. Do you? I guess the JLP is always in a lose - lose situation. If they had come out in support of the protesters, you same one would have a problem, and the joker we have as PM would be talking bout bangarang and how people oppose har because she's a woman. Another set of jokers would accuse the JLP of trying to gain political mileage out of the issue. Then again, if they say nothing, you the biggest hypocrite of all have a problem with it.

I wonder if the people could demonstrate and get the JLP to back down off mining the cockpit country?
                Whats the relevance? Aren't they going to continue being the opposition?

Comment

Okay I get the point: It wasn't a

suss or scandal. Fair enough boss :P

Comment

Working...
                  X