Golding meets resistance to Bail Act proposals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    don't worry, i will no longer do that. i know how you are with sheep!
    run!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
      run!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
        time, you are reaching... none of what you describe would constitute a braech of the existing law... regarding policemen and illegal possession, that is if the policeman discharges in public without just cause or is in possession of a weapon or ammunition to which he was not legally registered to carry or have in his possession...
        Really, I am 100% sure Tell that to Dr Ford! He was beaten and charged with illegal possesion of firearm for 'pulling' his licensed firearm on moonlighting cops. His circumstances may be a little different but its the same charge.
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

not sure if either of us can make a good argument based of what you've presented because you haven't provided specific facts of any particular case... like any case, they have to be taken on their own merit... i will let it rest...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

i dont think the charge would be illegal possesion.. then might be use of the firearm but not possession. Am i wrong?

Comment

Badaz just pulling a firearm can be an offence

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
              not sure if either of us can make a good argument based of what you've presented because you haven't provided specific facts of any particular case... like any case, they have to be taken on their own merit... i will let it rest...

Just pulling a firearm can be an offence

Published: Sunday | February 6, 2011 3 Comments

A licensed firearm holder relates an experience of an encounter on a public-passenger vehicle that could easily have resulted in a shooting. He said while carrying his firearm he was standing in a bus travelling from Mountain View Avenue to Half-Way Tree. In the vicinity of Excelsior High School, he was accused by a seated man of sticking his bottom in his face.
              "I had made no contact with this man," the firearm holder said. So while he had heard the man quarrelling, it was someone else who had to tell him, "Bredren, is you the man a talk to."
              "I turned to face him fully and I saw him pull out a big knife. From I saw him pull it, I put some distance between us," the firearm holder said. He backed away, holding his hands up and attempted to defuse the situation by smiling and making a joke.
              "I made the person think I was soft, but I knew a firearm was present. I know there are consequences, whether I am right or wrong, so I have to make every effort to not let the situation get that far," he added.
              The complainant got louder, but he did not get up from his seat to follow the firearm holder. If the complainant had, coming closer until the armed man had nowhere left to back up to, he says he would have the option of warning the man that he had a firearm and would use it, holding one hand out and the weapon in the other, muzzle down. However, "if he is looking aggressive and still closing, you need to be pointing the weapon at him".
              Followed
              In another situation, the firearm holder was walking in New Kingston one night when someone on a bicycle went past him several times, changing direction to do so even as he changed course.
              Eventually, on Trafal-gar Road, "I stopped, held on to the firearm, and he saw I was holding something in my waist".
              The man rode off, without taking out the firearm. "What if the person had other motives for following me other than what I was thinking?" he asked. "I did not see any weapon. I just knew it was dark and the person was following me.
              "Just pulling a firearm is an offence. You don't want to do that," he said.
              - MC
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X