RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess we know why they haven't named the fallen soldier...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess we know why they haven't named the fallen soldier...

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-head-shot-off

Soldier's head shot off
    BY DONNA HUSSEY-WHYTE Observer staff reporter husseyd@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, June 03, 2010

A police officer who took part in the offensive launched by the security forces in West Kingston last week is now severely traumatised after witnessing the head of a Jamaica Defence Force soldier being ripped from his body by a gunman’s bullet.

The incident was related to editors and reporters during a special edition of the Observer’s Monday Exchange, by Assistant Commissioner Glenmore Hinds.

Soldiers patrolling close to Tivoli Gardens in West Kingston last week. (AP Photo/Rodrigo Abd)
    1/1

ACP Hinds noted that the soldier was leaving a base at Metcaffe Street in Denham Town when a sniper’s bullet tore his head from his shoulders and hurled it to the ground.
    That was just one of the many gruelling attacks meted out to the security forces.

“In getting into the community, it took two hours for soldiers to move 200 metres on foot,” he explained. “No vehicles could go in. The intensity of the fire was of such — it was unbelievable! So you can just imagine what went on. In fact, if someone had told me about it, I would not believe it myself.”
    Agreeing with Hinds description of the incident, Police Commissioner Owen Ellington, also told of movie-like scenes that police and soldiers were forced to participate in.

“We had seven people who were stuck in one of the barricades on Darling Street — they went to rescue the policemen from the station, and they got stuck,” Ellington explained.

“They couldn’t come out of the AVC (armoured vehicle) and it was taking fire and it couldn’t move. We had to send two more down there to push it out. The AC was off, they were roasting in there.”
    Buy a copy of today's Chat! newspape

Originally posted by ReggaeMike View Post
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-head-shot-off

Soldier's head shot off
    BY DONNA HUSSEY-WHYTE Observer staff reporter husseyd@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, June 03, 2010

A police officer who took part in the offensive launched by the security forces in West Kingston last week is now severely traumatised after witnessing the head of a Jamaica Defence Force soldier being ripped from his body by a gunman’s bullet.

The incident was related to editors and reporters during a special edition of the Observer’s Monday Exchange, by Assistant Commissioner Glenmore Hinds.

Soldiers patrolling close to Tivoli Gardens in West Kingston last week. (AP Photo/Rodrigo Abd)
    1/1

ACP Hinds noted that the soldier was leaving a base at Metcaffe Street in Denham Town when a sniper’s bullet tore his head from his shoulders and hurled it to the ground.
    That was just one of the many gruelling attacks meted out to the security forces.

“In getting into the community, it took two hours for soldiers to move 200 metres on foot,” he explained. “No vehicles could go in. The intensity of the fire was of such — it was unbelievable! So you can just imagine what went on. In fact, if someone had told me about it, I would not believe it myself.”
    Agreeing with Hinds description of the incident, Police Commissioner Owen Ellington, also told of movie-like scenes that police and soldiers were forced to participate in.

“We had seven people who were stuck in one of the barricades on Darling Street — they went to rescue the policemen from the station, and they got stuck,” Ellington explained.

“They couldn’t come out of the AVC (armoured vehicle) and it was taking fire and it couldn’t move. We had to send two more down there to push it out. The AC was off, they were roasting in there.”
    Buy a copy of today's Chat! newspape
    Wow - this sound like a 50 calibre grizzy shot, I wonder how the other soldiers felt when they heard the the head of a co-worker was shot off?
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

War is hell.

Comment

suh WHO was firing after the soldiers if a pure law abiding citizen did inna tivoli?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Friendly fire?

Comment

wasn't damn thing friendly about it!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              wasn't damn thing friendly about it!

Agree wid you. And it certainly was not an Angel firing at the soldiers!
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                suh WHO was firing after the soldiers if a pure law abiding citizen did inna tivoli?
                "There is no crime in Tivoli therefore it follows that there are no criminals in Tivoli." Bull crap arguments we have heard over the years. I just hope that they don't get cold feet and finish off the vermin dem once and for all.

Well well I am sure the JDF soldiers were not pleased upon hearing that one of their own just got hias head blown clean off. In the circumstances the soldiers showed a lot of restraint.

Comment

Isn't it always?

What's so amazing is that for years our police and soldiers apparently couldn't even shoot a water gun straight to save their lives yet respective governments have never seen it fit to fund training courses to reduce incidents of "friendly fire" that kill so many policemen and soldiers.

Comment

Working...
                  X