No announcement yet.

Jamaica struggles to cut ties between gov't, gangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stay deh think seh abc does not have the document... while the state dept denied knowledge of the document, abc said they will stand by their report...

i believe abc has that document... let bruce come with a libel suit and we will know... it is a known fact, the usa uses its press to do their bidding...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

So why would the state department deny it? Not only that but they have no credibility that Dudus was surrendering to US authority.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

they didn't put it out there so they can deny knowledge... there objective was met with the abc report...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Hey, if a lie, Bruce needs to sue ABC. I mean those are some damning charges!

Even our good friend, Skeng, was able to sue Seaga and win.

Seaga to apologise to 'Skeng Don'
          published: Wednesday | December 17, 2003

OPPOSITION LEADER Edward Seaga is to apologise in the media to Mandeville businessman Kenneth 'Skeng Don' Black for libelling him at a public meeting in Junction, St. Elizabeth, on October 21, 2001.
          An out of court settlement was announced yesterday when the lawyers representing the parties attended a pre-trial review in the Supreme Court.
          TERMS OF THE AGREEMENTS
          The terms of the agreements were made on the condition that Mr. Seaga publish an apology to Mr. Black within seven days from December 16. It was agreed that the apology is to be broadcast on radio and television and published in the newspapers.
          Another part of the agreement is that Mr. Seaga is to pay Mr. Black's legal costs of $500,000, payable in four monthly instalments of $125,000 commencing on February 2, next year.
          Black is the managing director of the construction company Black Brothers, and is also a member of the governing People's National Party (PNP).
          "We want to make it clear that Mr. Black's concern was not to be compensated in dollars and cents but more so for the Leader of the Opposition to admit that he had no basis for the incorrect and slanderous statement he made against him," attorney-at-law Bert Samuels, who represented Mr. Black, told The Gleaner.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
            they didn't put it out there so they can deny knowledge... there objective was met with the abc report...
            Assasin seems to take such things at face value
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              So why would the state department deny it? .
              The USA government has reason to believe that it is getting what it desires...

...not to mention when the State Dept. says they have no knowledge it may mean they do have knowledge but the document, although one from the State is not from the 'State Department'.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yeah because twice in a row they had it wrong.
                Until them show me the facts I will just take it with a grain of salt.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Comment

Again, different country, very different libel laws as it relates to the media.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I see you didn't get it.

ABC's report said "a US government report". The US government consists of far more than just the state department (there is the justice department for instance) and there are many, many reports from the various departments and offices in the US government. The fact that the State Department said they have no knowledge of the report doesn't automatically refute ABC's report since ABC never specifically mentioned the State Department. As ABC's report was erroneous in other ways though I take ABC's report with a grain of salt. However given that the US State Department was never named as authoring the report, I take what they say with a grain of salt as well since they left themselves wiggle room in case such a report actually exists or existed.

Comment

When did the State Department deny it? They said they were "unaware" of the document and had "nothing to substantiate" the ABC report. They never said that no such document exists.

Besides as I said before, why the assumption that ABC saw a report from the State Department? Suppose ABC saw a DEA report written by an overzealous and misinformed DEA agent? Why would the State Department have that report?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          yeah because twice in a row they had it wrong.
                          Until them show me the facts I will just take it with a grain of salt.
                          letterhead or leaflet?
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

and that is the quality reporting you expect from ABC?

Comment

Working...
                            X