RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Dr. Phillips really saying here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Him nah seh a ting, as dem wouldah seh a englan a load a bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      because is not the panacea that means that it is not important? is there a panacea?
      huh?!? who said all that?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

soo... is who Phillips a chat tuh ?

Who tell him anyting a Pancea ??

Or him jus love chat since him basically irrelevant..

Comment

i did. a whole is the sum of its parts. the crime bill may not be a panacea but it is important that it be dealt with.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

nuh unnu a gwaan like di crime bills are some kinda cure-all!

and to have them presented by the man who was protecting Dudus - difficult to look past Bruce's veil of hypocrisy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

really who a gwaan suh..

They need to be enacted.. PNP dragging dem feet..

War on Crime declared.

PNP need to ******************** or get up off di toilet..

Simple.

Comment

seeitdeh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
                  Him nah seh a ting, as dem wouldah seh a englan a load a bollocks.
                  Careful, Mosiah will not appreciate that!
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

he is more relevant than Bruce is honest.

lol!
                    You can use that to comfort yuhself .... PNP ... Peter Not Prepared!
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

cute, lazie. clap yuhself!

since you started it - Jamaica Liad Party, led by Bruised Gelding. I have one for every one you can come up with, and the good thing is, mine is based on truth!

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Government needs to provide jobs or welfare, justice and security or the crime dons will provide the same.

Except for the plea bargin legislation, the crime bills are almost useless as a crime fighting tools. If the gun men are not afraid of the threat of life imprisonment that comes with a murder conviction then what new threat will scare them?

One thing we do know is that gunmen are a afraid of state of emergencies. If you want to make bad man scared then pass a law that any judge who received a state of emergency petition signed by at least 100 people in Parish must declare a state of emergency in that Parish for 30 days.
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Mi nah look nuh conflict sah, but inna fi mi likkle gully understandin him nuh seh nutten at all dehsuh

Comment

whats the fuss about... i'm trying to understand the reason for the question... what dr. phillis is saying here... i think he makes a good argument... the crime bills or any crime laws in itself is not the solution... it is only a part of the solution...

“What we need to do is to muster the resources and the energy of all the law abiding and well thinking (Jamaicans), devise effective measures and proceed in lock step. I’m not denying that these bills will help but I want to rid you and everybody else of the idea that these six (bills) represent a panacea (to crime) because they don't,” Dr. Phillips told the House of Representatives as the debate on the crime bills began.
                            dr. phillips did not deny that the bills will not help... most of us on this forum have on numerous occasions offered that in addition to stronger laws and its consistent enforcement, it will take an emphasis on education, investment, jobs, social re-engineering and cooperation from the citizenry to combat the crime monster that have developed over 40 yrs...

i see nothing wrong with dr. phillips argument...
                            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

The question is who is he arguing with ??

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                                whats the fuss about... i'm trying to understand the reason for the question... what dr. phillis is saying here... i think he makes a good argument... the crime bills or any crime laws in itself is not the solution... it is only a part of the solution...

dr. phillips did not deny that the bills will not help... most of us on this forum have on numerous occasions offered that in addition to stronger laws and its consistent enforcement, it will take an emphasis on education, investment, jobs, social re-engineering and cooperation from the citizenry to combat the crime monster that have developed over 40 yrs...

i see nothing wrong with dr. phillips argument...
                                Sorry Baddaz, your candidate a try too hard ... his argument was irrelevant as no one was making that argument. Both him and Ronnie Thwaites feel dem affi waste the Parliament time every week.

Comment

Working...
                                X