Why the crackdown on the media?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the crackdown on the media?!?

In the meantime, (Public Defender) Witter blasted the security forces for preventing members of the media from observing the identification process in Tivoli Gardens.

He said that he was investigating complaints by at least one reporter, who claimed that he was assaulted by the security forces while he tried to enter the community.
    The govt. and the police must explain why the media is being prevented from doing its job. Are we back in the 1960s where censorship and all sorts of civil rights were abused for some strange reason?! Free up the media so that Jamaica can see what's happening! Or are we no longer the idiots unnu a tek wi fah fi suh long!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

SOE, them rights get suspend. Them can complain in a few weeks.

Comment

Suspended at your peril! It is not automatic that it is suspended, so suffer the consequences of such a decision.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

In the meantime, (Public Defender) Witter blasted the security forces for preventing members of the media from observing the identification process in Tivoli Gardens.

He said that he was investigating complaints by at least one reporter, who claimed that he was assaulted by the security forces while he tried to enter the community.
        A couple thoughts spring to mind:

1. Would you want reporters in while you were trying to identify the remains of your loved one? I actually wouldn't. I would however like independent observers there who weren't going to take pictures. So having Witter (not exactly independent, but close enough) there would suffice.

2. That reporter who was assaulted, did said reporter actually try to enter the community by bypassing the security forces or ignoring an order not to come in? If he did then he couldn't really complain about being assaulted. In fact they might have saved his life, because if he entered the community unannounced and surreptitiously where there is still an ongoing security operation, then if he came across a group of police and soldiers who were searching for weapons and saw him at a distance with a large, indeterminate object in his hand (the video camera) and he ever turned their way then he would find himself shot.

Comment

a fool dem tek ja media fah, although dem kinda lame still

Comment

It is a SOE Mosiah, and certain rights need to be suspended to deal with this crime problem.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

certain rights like what? right to life?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

u betta watch u ************************. All u JFJ party folks are next. I am sure oonu coddling criminals. If I laff..... to rahtid.
                "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Properties can be searched based on reasonable suspicion without a warrant, dangerous suspects can be detained for an extended period based on a national security threat.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

JFJ party? Dem is a political party now?

yes, i am sure Dr. Gomes have Dudus pon har futon right yah now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i believe i understand all that, sir.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You have a good imagination....

Comment

Working...
                        X