Sad reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad reality

For most of us the sad reality of last week's happenings in Tivoli is still far from us and an academic thing.

In the MoBay RM court today, there was an incident that showed how far flung this can be, a mother had bailed her son on some serious charge and while the lawyer and the judge were not saying much they said enough.

The son was not in court and the mother who stood surety was there and told the lawyer that her son had told her two weeks ago that he was going to Kingston but not what he was going there for.

This led the lawyer to wonder out loud if the son was "one of those who were to be paid so well" as he really had no business being in Kingston when he had serious charges to answer here.

When the judge asked the mother when last she had heard from her son, the mother said not since he went to Kingston and she had tried calling several times

The judge then advised her to get a recent photo and go to Kingston as soon as she could to where they were showing bodies and find out if he was there.

Given the openness of that part of the conversation it was to be suspected that the man was not charged for dangerous driving
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

sad. yet not so sad.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why is this sad? What serious charge was he facing in MoBay? Was it weapons-related? If this young man was so foolish as to face a serious charge in MoBay, have his mother post bail and then crazy enough to go down to Kingston to take part in an armed uprising against the state, why should anyone feel sorry for him if he is now in May Pen cemetery? I could feel sorry for his mother since she probably never intended for son to become like that, but if the shoe were on the other foot I would not want anyone to feel sorry for me if I died fighting alongside some gangs attacking police stations. To be frank, if I was his father, I'm not sure how sorry I would be if he had participated in the rebellion. I would probably feel ashamed, but sad....I dunno....

Comment

what mothers coddling criminal pickney?
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
        X