RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those Trinis again. No Mr Coke allowed in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Trinis again. No Mr Coke allowed in?

TRINIDAD DENIES ENTRY TO LEGAL COKE

Monday, May 31, 2010

var addthis_pub="jamaicaobserver";

var caption4550577 = document.getElementById('photocaption4550577').inn erHTML; var mygallery=new fadeSlideShow({ wrapperid: "fadeshow1", //ID of blank DIV on page to house Slideshow dimensions: [370, 245], //width/height of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of largest image imagearray: [ ["http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/prod/4550577/trini-coke_w370.jpg", "", "", caption4550577 ] ], displaymode: {type:'manual', pause:3000, cycles:0, wraparound:false}, persist: false, //remember last viewed slide and recall within same session? fadeduration: 500, //transition duration (milliseconds) descreveal: "always", togglerid: "slideshowtoggler" })

1/1

A disappointed Leon Coke (no relation to Christopher "Dudus" Coke) arrives at Norman Manley International Airport last Thursday after being denied entry into Trinidad & Tobago the night before. According to Coke, authorities in that country feared that he was related to the reputed drug lord, who is wanted by the United States to answer drug trafficking and gun-running charges, and refused to allow him entry. (Photo: Nazma Muller)
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Jamaican named Coke sent home
    Akile Simon
    Tuesday, June 1st 2010
    A JAMAICAN national with the same surname as wanted Jamaican fugitive Christopher ’Dudus’ Coke was deported to his homeland after he landed at Piarco International Airport last Wednesday.
    According to a report in the Jamaica Observer newspaper yesterday, Leon Coke, no relative to Dudus, was disappointed after he was denied entry into Trinidad.
    The newspaper added that Trinidad authorities feared that Leon was related to Christopher, an alleged drug-dealer who is wanted by the United States Government to face drug trafficking and gun-running charges.
    However, communications manager at the Ministry of National Security Irene Medina has disputed the newspaper’s claim that Leon was sent back because it was believed he was related to Dudus.
    During a brief telephone interview yesterday Medina confirmed Leon was denied entry by Immigration authorities when he landed at the airport on May 26.
    She said, ’I spoke with the Chief Immigration Officer (Guy Benjamin) who told me that Leon Anthony Coke arrived at Piarco on May 26. He was sent back home because immigration officers could not get in touch with his local contacts.’
    She said the decision to send Leon back to his native land had nothing to do with whether he was related to Dudus, adding that immigration officers did not even have that information about any possible relation.
    By law, foreigners coming into the country are required to supply contact information for the person who they may be residing by and the location, during their stay, to immigration officials, which is verified upon the visitor’s arrival at the airport.
    After being denied entry, Leon arrived at the Norman Manley International Airport in Jamaica the following day.
    For three days last week, gunmen loyal to ’Dudus’ were locked in a deadly gun battle with security forces that were searching for the alleged drug king-pin. The incident left more than 70 civilians dead plus two policemen and one soldier. Police said they seized a total of 36 guns and 9,241 rounds of ammunition. The whereabouts of Dudus remain unknown.

Comment

So if dem cyaan reach di number on the paper dem deport you? The immigration officer didn't have that information about any possible relation? Well he wasn't related so how would the agent have such info? His last name maybe. Trini a tek we fi fool

Comment

coke is a fairly common name in Jamaica so i dont know what wrong wid di silly trinbags.

Comment

Well is Coke seh dat he was returned home because of his last name, but in the article Naminirt posted the immigration officers seh they couldn't reach any of the numbers he had listed as his local contacts....given that pretty much all immigration officials the world over are paranoid (and in a way they have to be since otherwise they get blamed soundly and lose their jobs - imagine what would happen to the officials here if it was later revealed that they saw Dudus leaving but just let him leave? I think they would be crucified) I don't find it hard to believe that they called, got no answer and said "on your way Mr. Coke, we can't contact anyone you listed and for all we know you could really be one of Dudus' relative trying to flee."

Comment

Wonder if they would have let him in if he had said he was staying at a hotel? Dem do mi dat all the while when i travel to Canada...ask me where i'm staying. Hotel b!tch, any other questions?

Comment

Working...
            X