• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search homes of politicians and the wealthy for 'Dudus', Ada

Search homes of politicians and the wealthy for 'Dudus', Adams urges cops
    BY PAUL HENRY Sunday Observer staff reporter henryp@jamaicaobserver.com
    Sunday, May 30, 2010

RETIRED tough cop Reneto Adams is urging the police not to rule out searching the homes of politicians affiliated with the Jamaica Labour Party and individuals who he termed "society people" in their effort to nab alleged narcotic and gun fugitive Christopher 'Dudus' Coke.

Coke, who has been on the run since last Monday when the security forces launched a massive operation in his Tivoli Gardens power base to apprehend him and restore order to the community, is wanted in the US on drug- and gun-running charges.

The operation resulted in the deaths of 73 civilians and a member of the Jamaica Defence Force as gunmen loyal to Coke engaged soldiers and police in fierce gunbattles over two days.

The controversial former senior superintendent Adams, who was speaking last Thursday at a Rotary Club of Kingston luncheon at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel in Kingston said that "based on his intelligence and experience", Coke could be taking refuge at the homes of either politicians or influential persons within the society.

"I must tell you, maybe, and I believe that this is why they have not found this man, but this is my intelligence and this is what I know -- and I know it because I served the Jamaica Constabulary Force for 41 years -- where this man may be hiding," Adams began.

"[He may be hiding] at the house of the politicians, the house of certain people in society and there is a particular house that I have great respect for that I will not mention but a word to the wise is sufficient," Adams added.

His comments came as the security forces intensified their effort to capture Coke by widening their search to the more affluent neighbourhoods of St Andrew.

But this intensified effort resulted in tragedy last Thursday when Keith Clarke, the brother of former Government minister Claude Clarke and a relative of children's advocate Mary Clarke, was shot dead at his Kirkland Heights home around 2:00 am.

Four soldiers were shot and injured in that operation which residents said was marked by sustained, and sometimes sporadic, gunfire for near
    two hours.

The security forces were acting on intelligence that Coke was in the area. But residents said they went to the wrong house.

Last Thursday, the outspoken Adams -- who was warmly received by Rotarians -- blamed corrupt politicians for the ills currently plaguing the society.

"I have seen over the years where politics and politicians made it their duty to destroy the integrity of the country and its people," said Adams.
    Last edited by Karl; May 30, 2010, 11:25 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

isn't it about time dem start listening to adams?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      isn't it about time dem start listening to adams?
      Shouldn't he be sharing a cell with Zeeks?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He is on the same level as Zeeks? As much as many people say he has to pay for his deeds, no jury in Jamaica will ever convict him under any circumstance.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          He is on the same level as Zeeks? As much as many people say he has to pay for his deeds, no jury in Jamaica will ever convict him under any circumstance.
          They both commit murder hence the call for them to share a cell.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

true!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

mke up yuh mind lazie...the systrem tried and convicted zekes, they tried and acquitted adams.....why should they be sharing a cell.

the more you listen adams the more you realise that he knows what he is talking about.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the problem with Adams is not what he TALKS about..

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  mke up yuh mind lazie...the systrem tried and convicted zekes, they tried and acquitted adams.....why should they be sharing a cell.

the more you listen adams the more you realise that he knows what he is talking about.
                  The Adams' verdict was a clear miscarriage of justice. Please review the summation of the Chief Justice to the jury in that case. Of course he would know .... criminal know what other criminals would do.
                  Last edited by Lazie; May 30, 2010, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Is kill yu want kill Zeeks doan'?

Comment

Working...
                    X