Well all in all I think we can say for sure that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well all in all I think we can say for sure that

the vaunted TG militia was more talk than action. I think they had both the general public and themselves fooled about how much firepower they had.JDF neva even have to tek out the big weapons and people a run up an down an bawl bout massacre.

One of the positives that will come from all this is that NO community will think that they can take on the full might of the security forces anytime soon.

The psychology has changed, and the State needs to press home this advantage and tek it to them.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

mi call it out long time. Mi know most woulda run.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I have always thought the gang problem in Jamaica is as bad as it is today because of the imcompetancies of the legal system and security forces, aswell as the connection with politics, rather than the gangs being particurlarly well armed.

Now I can see the security forces are competant and able, they just need to be left to do their job without interference from politicians.

The legal system needs to change though. There needs to be a better and quicker way of getting these gangs locked up and keeping them locked up. What is going to happen to the detainees? Will the legal system lock them up or let them out on the streets again.

Comment

As long as the State of Emergency is in force they can keep them locked up. I would be surprised if that is not extended past the 30 days, if only to keep the gangsters on the run and thier leaders in jail as they dismantle thier previously untouchable bases.

At some point though if they cannot build a case against them they will have to let them go.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The funny thing is, it look like the bigger heads who made all the money run before the first shot fire! I hope them use that to discredit them as much as possible among the foot soldiers.

Comment

Jamaican gangsters for most part have the bully trait. They have nothing really they believe in except money, gal, and bragging rights. Take that away and they realise that life is important. Worst is most of them is not trained but just thugs.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

One of the newspaper columnists a couple years back was advocating something akin to the 3-strikes rule they have in the US, so if you are convicted of 3 serious offences it is automatic life sentence the third time around.....

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                They have nothing really they believe in except money, gal, and bragging rights. Take that away and they realise that life is important. Worst is most of them is not trained but just thugs.
                I think thats their biggest weakness, they're not fighting for anything, theres not religous or political belief underpinning their actions, they are just fighting for the right to continue with their badness.

Comment

I think there was a Prime Minister once advocating life for first time gun convictions

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    I think there was a Prime Minister once advocating life for first time gun convictions
                    Who was that? Gun offences should be an automatic life sentence
                    Those who import guns should be tried for treason.

Comment

The main problem we have had is being able to get the convictions though. The percentage of convictions to murders is extremely low.

Comment

Went by the moniker Joshua or something like that...then again I think that was a kneejerk reaction to forces conspiring against him at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                          The main problem we have had is being able to get the convictions though. The percentage of convictions to murders is extremely low.
                          This is my concern.
                          Alot of people may not agree with me, but for gang related murders, the burden of evidence should be lower, and the trials should be in front of judges only, no jury.

Comment

* I mean burden of proof

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                              the vaunted TG militia was more talk than action. I think they had both the general public and themselves fooled about how much firepower they had.JDF neva even have to tek out the big weapons and people a run up an down an bawl bout massacre.

One of the positives that will come from all this is that NO community will think that they can take on the full might of the security forces anytime soon.

The psychology has changed, and the State needs to press home this advantage and tek it to them.
                              ...and the security forces only threw a few 'men' at them.
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X