Why I Love RBSC....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Love RBSC....

RBSC is sometimes an interesting public forum, and in more ways than one! During the past several days as I sat and read the various comments, so much about individual posters became obvious (lol).

One day, after this present sordid phase of our history is over (and when looking back and freely laughing at our actions might be more appropriate), I’ll comment on some of the irony and contradictions that presented themselves here as we eagerly jostled to make our earthshaking comments. And the ironies, in particular, were sometimes so instructive and so obvious that they jumped off the RBSC pages (lol)!

Think I’m joking? Well, let me comment briefly on one such irony here (and like I said, there were several).

Just a few weeks before this imbroglio started making headlines in the Americas and elsewhere, a few posters on this message board were lambasting the various Jamaican governments for failing to act in our economic interest by not supporting the large-scale exporting of marijuana to the developed world. These Jamaican governments, notwithstanding the fact that they were signatory to bilateral and multilateral agreements on drugs, were heavily criticized here as being without vision and supposedly dancing to the whims and dictates of the developed world (my words).

Suddenly, a few days ago, these selfsame critics of the PNP and JLP governments’ failure to act with alacrity and decisiveness on the marijuana export issue turned around and, in spectacular fashion, began criticizing the present prime minister for causing Jamaica to be seen as a “narco state” (I believe that was the popular term that was bandied about here)!!

The paradox here, of course, is obvious and leads me to wonder if some of us actually think before we submit our posts?

End Note: Please don’t take this as harsh criticism, because I enjoyed such contradictions; they made me laugh loudly at a time when there was otherwise little to laugh about.

Yuh forgot about the high fives when innocent poor people were being killed, which miraculously turned to incredulous shock when one brown uptown man was killed

Comment

... and what is sad .. is that you took this long to make the point, now the culprits will act as if dem nuh see yuh post. However, you do make a valid point Historian.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

cyaan tell when last mi si a post bout China taking over the World.. "Storm in Teacup", "Social Contract"...

I suppose I should thank Dudus..

Comment

We all have various contradictions show on positions we take.

One I have resigned myself to is my stance on the death penalty (I do not support it) and my BUD POLICY (endorse a disarming of our society with supporting thought that any one with an illegal gun(s) making of selves BUD...but that must be within the context of concomitant strict policing and enforcement of use of firearms and discharge of same by members of the security forces. Severe punishment being the reward if rules, regulations and laws are breached).
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
            cyaan tell when last mi si a post bout China taking over the World.. "Storm in Teacup", "Social Contract"...

I suppose I should thank Dudus..

Sheeple - It is often used to denote persons who voluntarily acquiesce to a perceived authority or suggestion without sufficient research to understand fully the ramifications involved in that decision, and thus undermine their own human individuality or in other cases give up certain rights.

Comment

Bettah mi haffi seh sarry dan yuh...

Comment

Completely Missing My Point!

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                We all have various contradictions show on positions we take.
                Karl: Initially, I had no intention of debating the topic which I used to start this thread, and I still do not intend doing so. However, after reading your comment above, it’s obvious that you have missed the crucial point of what I stated.

Yes, indeed “we all have various contradictions (that) show on positions we take,” but do these contradictions often end up making us look completely foolish or even imbecilic?!

Look once again at the sole example I provided in my thread starter.

Comment

Was that really a popular opinion on the forum though? You did say a few so I am not exactly sure how many people that represents.

I know many of us support legalising marijuana for personal and/or medicinal use, as it is in some countries and states that would hardly be classified as narco states. The term "narco state" as I understand it has more to do with the illegality/criminality of the activity than with the fact that it involves a drug which is illegal in most place.

Large scale exporting to the developed world , which would clearly be illegal, is another story altogether.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Mi si some man defend Saddam gainst America...

When mi si Mosiah ah hug up di Red, White and Blue.. dat is when mi perk up..

lol !

Comment

it will be legalised...of that i am sure. i feel seh inna my lifetime too.

of course if it was legal is only the crack, the cocaine and di gun running dem woulda have 'gainst dudus!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

mi did hear di word Conspiracy...

Wheh dat mean ?

Comment

it means all those not in favour of piracy.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

suh wait.. ah Don Pirate ??

Comment

well most dons are not really into the conspiracy theory...they are more propiracy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X